Mets: why the blue hats are rarely worn

In listening to the broadcast Thursday afternoon, it turns out that the Mets' equipment manager does not like mixing and matching the blue hats with their black jackets. Apparently, the Mets only issue black jackets. Thus, the only time they can wear the blue hats (per the equipment manager) is on days when most guys won't be wearing the jackets. That pretty much limits it to day games in the summer.

Also, the Mets broke out the pinstripes today. The Mets LOOK LIKE THE METS! Okay, Mike Piazza is a first baseman, but the Mets still look like the Mets, if only for one day.

capt.nym20305201938.cardinals_mets_nym203.jpg50849368EZ010_Cards_Mets052017_lower.jpg

50849368EZ005_Cards_Mets052017_lower.jpgNYM207052018_lower.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The combo of royal blue and black is about the worst thing going in sports. Those colors together look like a bruise. Are you listening, Mets and Royals? Black is a stupid, unnecessary addition to those teams' uniforms, based on marketing analyses of the tasteless masses.

The Mets are one of the only teams where I don't have a problem with them using black. If the original colors were chosen because the Giants & Dodgers wore them, then black is just an extension of the Dodgers influence.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The Mets are one of the only teams where I don't have a problem with them using black. If the original colors were chosen because the Giants & Dodgers wore them, then black is just an extension of the Dodgers influence.

I think you mean black is an extension of the Giants' influence.

Confusing the Giants and Dodgers is grounds for a beating in some circles.

I don't like the Mets in pinstripes. The Yankees still play in New York, so they are a major rival of the Mets and I don't think teams should imitate their rivals. The Mets wearing pinstripes is saying we want to be the Yankees. It's different than the Giants and Dodger connections becuase the New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers don't exist anymore where the Yankees do.

The Mets are one of the only teams where I don't have a problem with them using black.  If the original colors were chosen because the Giants & Dodgers wore them, then black is just an extension of the Dodgers influence.

I think you mean black is an extension of the Giants' influence.

Confusing the Giants and Dodgers is grounds for a beating in some circles.

Why is it everytime I make a mistake YOU are always the first one to jump on it, huh? Huh?

Just playin'

But yea, I meant the black is an extension of the Giants influence.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I loved the black hats, especially the alt with the orange shadow.

They should however, switch how they wear them, and wear the blue hats predominantly.

I agree with jKr, even knowing its from the mouth of a yank. They should not wear pinstripes, they never should have. Its like the angels using dodger blue as a primary, ok thats a bad example, its like senators copying the leafs unis. Rivals should look different.

The Black however seems forced on the hats, so they should really stop issuing black jackets and get it all together.

I'm a mets fan and have always hated their colors. Orabge should be outlawed from Sports Uniforms. They should just go with a blue and white combo. Yes, I do know the reasoning behind blue and orange from the Dodgers and Giants.

THANK GOD!!!!!!! the Mets are wearing BLUE HATS AND PINSTRIPES!!!!!!!

these are the best combo of uniforms. get rid of the black hats and stick with blue! they look like the mets. i kno so many ppl who love these

and if the EM doesnt like to mix black jackets with blue hats, tell him to get off his queer eye ass and do what the fans want!

untitled-1.png

The Mets wearing pinstripes is saying we want to be the Yankees.

Probably the most ridiculous comment ever posted in the history of the internet. So according to you, not just the Mets, but the Phillies, Reds, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Expos, Astros, Twins, White Sox, Cubs, and Rockies all want to be the Yankees because they wear pin stripes. Where can I get some of that crack you're smoking?

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

The Mets wearing pinstripes is saying we want to be the Yankees.

Probably the most ridiculous comment ever posted in the history of the internet. So according to you, not just the Mets, but the Phillies, Reds, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Expos, Astros, Twins, White Sox, Cubs, and Rockies all want to be the Yankees because they wear pin stripes. Where can I get some of that crack you're smoking?

Well the Yankees do have more World Series titles than all of them combined.

Yankess - 26

Mets - 2

Phillies - 1

Reds - 5

D'Backs - 1

Marlins - 2

Expos - 0

Astros - 0

Twins - 2

White Sox - 2

Cubs - 2

Total = 17

I saw, I came, I left.

Well the Yankees do have more World Series titles than all of them combined.

That might run a close second to jkrdevil. What does that have to do with wearing pinstripes? I bet that will also be your comeback when the Yankees don't win the World Series again this year. Typical.

vandelay.jpg

No, but there is a difference those teams don't play in the same city as the Yankees. And if you are not aware the reason why Mets wear pinstripes is the Yankees. When they made their original uniforms the took made up of different parts of the old New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers (the colors and the scripts), the pinstripes were for the Yankees.

Lets not forget why the yankees are in pinstripes in the first place. To make some big fat guy named Babe something look thinner.

But seriously, were the yankees the first to wear pinstripes? If not does anyone know where they orginated?

Lets not forget why the yankees are in pinstripes in the first place. To make some big fat guy named Babe something look thinner.

But seriously, were the yankees the first to wear pinstripes? If not does anyone know where they orginated?

No, the Yankees weren't the first to wear pinstripes. I think the Cubs were. However the Yankees are known as the pinstripes. That's why I think any team that plays in the same city as them shouldn't wear pinstripes.

No, but there is a difference those teams don't play in the same city as the Yankees. And if you are not aware the reason why Mets wear pinstripes is the Yankees. When they made their original uniforms the took made up of different parts of the old New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers (the colors and the scripts), the pinstripes were for the Yankees.

Why does that matter? Who cares if they play in the same city. That's like saying that the Mets can't have an NY on their hat because the Yankees do. And as far as the Mets wearing pinstripes because of the Yankees, I think that's a bunch of crap. That doesn't even make sense.

vandelay.jpg

Well the NY thing is a stretch, considering its a symbol of the city.

The pinstripes arent the yankees, the yankees are the pinstripes. Thats the difference.

I think people are just saying that two teams in NY that look similar is stupid. The Clippers dont have a yellow home jersey, but if they did, people would make similar claims.

found the answer to my own question:

"true ?pinstripes? were not introduced until 1888, when Washington and Detroit of the National League and Brooklyn of the American Association made brief trials with the dapper pattern."

so the yankees were actually stealing from Brooklyn!!!

Archived