sportstar1212's Hockey Concepts

sportstar1212

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another concept up:

St. Louis Blues

StLouisBlues.png

This is my entry for HJC's St. Louis Blues contest. The home and roads take a few aspects of past Blues uniforms. The shoulder design was taken from the pre-Edge jerseys and the arm and waist striping is modeled after the 70s and 80s jerseys, while keeping in mind some changes Reebok would possibly make. I also tweaked the alternate a bit and then added a matching road to that.

The Blues look amazing especialy the Home and Road alt. Also the Red Wings winter classic looks really nice. Keep it Up!

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

This looks great! Nice job.

The first two are absolutely perfect for the primaries and the Navy one would be a perfect Alternate as well. Top notch work here!

What about the non-contrasting shoulder patches. :P I'm being serious here, though - the shoulder patch on the navy alt is near invisible. I'd either make it the lighter blue, or if that doesn't work out, ditch it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What about the non-contrasting shoulder patches. :P I'm being serious here, though - the shoulder patch on the navy alt is near invisible. I'd either make it the lighter blue, or if that doesn't work out, ditch it.

The alts are a total devoid of royal blue. It would look silly if I included that only on the shoulder logo. It's the same way on the actual third and I don't see it as an issue.

Thanks to everyone else for the great feedback. I can see that my Blues concept was a hit!

New Jersey Devils

Devilsthird.png

I know the Devils will likely not introduce a third. That didn't stop me from making a concept for them. The jersey is the same design as the regular ones and the logo on the front is from Devils Den, the team's fan club. I think the slightly oversized logo makes the jersey look more intimidating. The regular NJ logo is on the shoulders.

that third for the devild is sweet! i would love something like this as a third, or a red/green throwback.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I like the primary logo on the shoulders and inverted colours. I couldn't see them using a logo as complicated as the primary but it does work for this concept. Had me thinking... what about a primarily green devils jersey?

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a new project where I am adapting a few teams to the Nike Swift cut. I started with Philly since I already had a good idea for them.

Philadelphia Flyers

FlyersNike.png

I used Denmark's jersey design since it seemed almost Flyers-esque. The socks use Nike's typical vertical stripes.

What do you guys think of this new project? Also taking requests for teams to Nike-ify.

Archived