Personal Logo

drdougfresh

Alright, I need some feedback on these logos. I know they're nothing extravagant, but I plan on using them through various mediums, so it's important to me that they are simple, but clear. Colors I will come up with later (that's the easy part), but I am totally stuck right now. This is the general style I want to follow, but I can't get anything to "stick" in my head. A lot of the work I do is simple and modern, and I want the logo to portray that. So, here's what I have so far:

LOGOideas.png

These are all pretty rough, but I am just playing with ideas at this point. Someone want to help bust up the creativity block for me? :therock:

Doug, you have some nice stuff here. The two on top have the most potential as the others are very plain. I've liked the one you started using in your avatar. I just don't know what that is that flying out of the top right corner. I like the top right logo the best because it reads as dh.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Doug, you have some nice stuff here. The two on top have the most potential as the others are very plain. I've liked the one you started using in your avatar. I just don't know what that is that flying out of the top right corner. I like the top right logo the best because it reads as dh.

Thanks. Yeah, it was something that I liked at the time, but I'm not such a huge fan now-- hence the indecision ;). The thing flying out of the top right is a stylized thought bubble, my abstract way of signifying thought and inspiration behind design. I've been playing with a lot of ideas, but these were just the ones I liked best. I also toyed with the idea of just branding myself as 'fresh' since that is also simple, and I have a few ideas for that as well. I'm pretty indecisive on this whole thing, mostly because I want to come up with something that sticks and stays for a while. My old logo was too cheap-looking and simple, and it already felt dated.

I like the first one, but the thought bubble could stand to look more like a bubble and the "h" isn't very clear; the second one looks like "db"; the third and fourth look like "douq"; the last one is too bland.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like the first one, but the thought bubble could stand to look more like a bubble and the "h" isn't very clear; the second one looks like "db"; the third and fourth look like "douq"; the last one is too bland.

Agree with this.

The avatar one would be much better with the "h" actually having a full line along the mid section of the logo. And I'm also not sure about the top right corner.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Looks like a penis.

==

Now constructive feedback: The last update is the best. Very clean and simple and the "h" is more legible.

I don't know about the "thought" bubble idea...doesn't look enough like a thought bubble and may be a bit of stretch to hope others see it. One thing that does come through, though, is the latest update (As with one of the original ones you posted) sort of looks like the old school snake game. If you wanted to develop a *gasp* "mascot", it may be something to play around with.

What may be better, however, is something very similar: I also saw a "burning cigarette" -- perhaps, if tweaked, it could look more like a spark (maybe work on connecting the "d" and "h" at the top). The "spark" may convey excitement, bright ideas, and so forth. Plus it could be interesting to have the point where the "spark" is lit cyclically around the logo -- the eye is drawn all the way around to the end/beginning of a modified/combined "dh"

Archived