Oregon State to get a Nike overhaul?

Drew22

I think that Oregon State should use their pro combats as a templates for the unis. Add a logo and an orange helmet, as most people want it, and it will be perfect. Imagine the matchup between Modern Oregon vs Simple Oregon State.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Oregon State should use their pro combats as a templates for the unis. Add a logo and an orange helmet, as most people want it, and it will be perfect. Imagine the matchup between Modern Oregon vs Simple Oregon State.

I think that's an excellent idea except for the orange helmet. I don't think it'd be necessary.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't hate everything Nike. I just hate bad uniforms, regardless of who makes them.

I'm going to take a quote from Hamelt here:

"Nothing is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."

It's all opinions man. You can't let those get to your head. I personally hate Alabama's uniforms. The grey facemask does not go with the rest of the uniform, and there are no design elements to be found on it. Does that make them bad? No, that just means I don't like them. There is a difference.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Also, this should absolutely be the OSU helmet logo:

75956__osu_beavers.gif

For some reason that logo reminds me of those horribly racist anti-Japanese WWII propaganda posters:

FJmfM.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This perfectly encapsulates why I like Nike better than all other manufacturers. They don't just make uniforms, they put a lot of time and thought into building a lasting brand.

Think about that quote for a moment and then please tell me you realize that it makes zero sense. Why would Nike redesign each school every couple years if they were building lasting brands? The answer, of course, is that they don't build lasting brands, and there's a reason they don't build lasting brands. They build trendy, of-the-moment brands because A. those types of brands sell very well among youth and appeal to recruits because of Nike's caché as the hip, energetic sports/lifestyle brand, and B. when the trend dies, the school is stuck having to ask Nike for something new again, a request Nike will gladly oblige so they can start the cycle again and sell more trendy gear for the next three seasons. Nike's business plan is to make brands that don't last specifically so that they can pump it out, sell it off and repeat the process. Sure, they put time and thought into building a brand, and their designers certainly are talented craftsmen in their own right, but they build their brands with an expiration date so that those brands can serve Nike as opposed to serving the school. It's a rather dysfunctional manufacturer/consumer relationship, but it's wildly successful within the structure of American collegiate football culture.

Also, this should absolutely be the OSU helmet logo:

75956__osu_beavers.gif

The don't redesign each school every couple years. They've redesigned about a dozen schools (maybe a few more), and I can't think of a single one they've redesigned more than once. Uniforms, yes. But a full rebrand? Nope. They usually do a great job when they put their full resources into a project, especially when compared to the other brands. I understand some of the criticisms of Nike, but NO ONE does team sports better. No one comes close. Adidas can't make a soccer uniform or basketball warm up without covering it in the 3 stripes. UA is a mess. Russell is still recycling their templates from the 90's.

Nike has had some fugly uniforms (sports bras), but they also produce some of the best and they pay more attention to detail than any other company out there. If UA and Adidas put in even half the time researching the tradition or history of the schools they work on that Nike does, it sure doesn't show.

And I completely agree with the Benny logo for OSU. What a great update of that awesome logo. Add a thin white outline and put that on a black helmet. Mmmmmmmm.

Archived