Oregon State to get a Nike overhaul?

Drew22

Mix and match is a plus if your are using a modern design in my opinion. Teams with new uniform designs need multiple uniforms because they want new looks unlike the traditional schools with the same uniform for the last 30 years. Now I am not knocking those types of schools, but for the ones that want to change, then I say give them many looks.

New uniform designs need multiple uniforms? Did we really just say that?

That's serious buying of hype.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, remember that "os" re-brand a few years back, with those "bras"?

osuuniformsf.jpg

yep nike overhual

Everyone realizes this has been photoshopped, right? The "bra" part never extended below the top of the numbers in real life.

Also, Lights Out is completely right about Nike. WSU's identity was constantly switched around by Russell, but there was never much quality to it. Now, I love what our new uniforms/identity bring to the table. We finally have a standardized font, which I've wanted to see for years.

But back to OSU: I fully support the return of the Simonton era jerseys:

ArmonHatcherASU.jpg

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

Am I the only one who likes the current beaver logo? I think it looks great on the helmet, and is a logo I've liked for a long time. I humbly think it's much better than the interlocking OS logo. I hope that logo never touches the helmet - replacing a logo on the helmet with an inferior one is always a bad move.

As far as what I think is the best Oregon State set? It'd have to be this:

2001Fiesta_display_image.jpg?1320244348

p1_jackson_getty.jpg

And I also loved the Pro Combats, too.

Ryan+Katz+Oregon+v+Oregon+State+w3L5wqJRZFil.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

white helmet please

Why? Why does everyone need more than one helmet?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

white helmet please

Why? Why does everyone need more than one helmet?

Because the Nike fanboys demand it. A set is "uniform" in equipment terms only. If the same combination is worn more than once, it dilutes the dilution of the brand.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Helmet:

Orange, Black, White, Matte Black

Jersey:

Orange, Black, White, Tan

Pants:

Orange, Black, White and Tan (All with stripes and none just plain Jane)

Can we stop all the mix-and-match nonsense already? Maybe an orange alt, but otherwise, how about a home and away set and be done with it? Gah.

Mix and match is a plus if your are using a modern design in my opinion. Teams with new uniform designs need multiple uniforms because they want new looks unlike the traditional schools with the same uniform for the last 30 years. Now I am not knocking those types of schools, but for the ones that want to change, then I say give them many looks.

If you have many looks, you don't have a look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's a dumb idea. For starters, there are several Pac-12 schools that already wear white helmets regularly already, and Oregon State's helmet throughout most of its history has been orange or black. No one else in the conference regularly wears a black helmet. They are unique and they should stick with it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This perfectly encapsulates why I like Nike better than all other manufacturers. They don't just make uniforms, they put a lot of time and thought into building a lasting brand.

What Nike has done with Boise State's brand is FAR more impressive than anything Russell ever did with it. Same goes for Oregon - Nike's work there is a lot more thorough and memorable than Champion's. I'm sure they'll come up with something just as spectacular for Oregon State.

BTW, for the record, while I liked the ProCombats, this was easily the best "classic" look for Oregon State.

ArmonHatcherASU.jpg

I loved those, too. Sharp, classic, and simple.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No one else in the conference regularly wears a black helmet. They are unique and they should stick with it.

I would bet Oregon wears black helmets more regularly than any other color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not quite. The Ducks wore their black helmets 4 times each in 2011 and 2010 (green helmet worn 4 times each) and 3 times in 2009 (green helmet worn 5 times).

Not quite. The Ducks wore their black helmets 4 times each in 2011 and 2010 (green helmet worn 4 times each) and 3 times in 2009 (green helmet worn 5 times).

Alright...nevermind! :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This perfectly encapsulates why I like Nike better than all other manufacturers. They don't just make uniforms, they put a lot of time and thought into building a lasting brand.

Think about that quote for a moment and then please tell me you realize that it makes zero sense. Why would Nike redesign each school every couple years if they were building lasting brands? The answer, of course, is that they don't build lasting brands, and there's a reason they don't build lasting brands. They build trendy, of-the-moment brands because A. those types of brands sell very well among youth and appeal to recruits because of Nike's caché as the hip, energetic sports/lifestyle brand, and B. when the trend dies, the school is stuck having to ask Nike for something new again, a request Nike will gladly oblige so they can start the cycle again and sell more trendy gear for the next three seasons. Nike's business plan is to make brands that don't last specifically so that they can pump it out, sell it off and repeat the process. Sure, they put time and thought into building a brand, and their designers certainly are talented craftsmen in their own right, but they build their brands with an expiration date so that those brands can serve Nike as opposed to serving the school. It's a rather dysfunctional manufacturer/consumer relationship, but it's wildly successful within the structure of American collegiate football culture.

Also, this should absolutely be the OSU helmet logo:

75956__osu_beavers.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Am I the only one who likes the current beaver logo? I think it looks great on the helmet, and is a logo I've liked for a long time. I humbly think it's much better than the interlocking OS logo. I hope that logo never touches the helmet - replacing a logo on the helmet with an inferior one is always a bad move.

As far as what I think is the best Oregon State set? It'd have to be this:

2001Fiesta_display_image.jpg?1320244348

p1_jackson_getty.jpg

And I also loved the Pro Combats, too.

No, you are not. OSU does not need a rebrand. I love their uniforms the way they are now. That being said, I really want them to have an Orange alt helmet, just so we can have an all green on all orange civil war. And yes, orange pants would be nice.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow that is a nice look. Almost the anti-Duck which I'm sure State fans love to hear.

Well, if it doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out for one reason or another, it's just not an Oregon uniform.

That extends to all their sports, in fact. I've seen pictures and the craziness goes even as far as their softball team.

Wow that is a nice look. Almost the anti-Duck which I'm sure State fans love to hear.

Well, if it doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out for one reason or another, it's just not an Oregon uniform.

That extends to all their sports, in fact. I've seen pictures and the craziness goes even as far as their softball team.

Your hate for the Oregon unis (and all things Nike) is bordering on irrational.

I don't hate everything Nike. I just hate bad uniforms, regardless of who makes them.

Archived