Dallas Mavericks Championship rings

rainmaker17

For comparison's sake, here is the Mavs logo used.

436.gif

That logo could not have been easy to translate onto a ring as it is very detailed, abstract, and in my opinion, busy. That said, they did a nice job as they couldn't do much to show the contrast of all the different lines and colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldn't disagree more on the belts being stupid and arrogant. honestly, to me, it seems like millionaire athletes (most of whom are jaded, indignant jerks) showing a personality and actually having fun with achieving success at the highest level of their craft. why is that a bad thing?

i don't get it. we want athletes to care as much as fans, anguishing in the losses and reveling in the victories. i don't know, but if my teams were to win a championship again (look at my sig and pray for me), i'd probably run around like an idiot and carry a championship belt with me to the mall or something ridiculous. to me, it represents the little kid in them who watched wrestling and grew up dreaming of holding up a title in front of screaming fans. now that they've accomplished their goal, they're having some fun.

long story short: don't see the harm.

sig2024.png

The ribbon should say "TAKE THAT WITH YOU!" If they repeat, this year's could say "SHUT IT DOWN! LET'S GO HOME!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

kaner2.jpg

I mean, the whole belts thing after a championship is a completely idiotic idea to me. Symbolizing arrogance and cockiness, these stunts are lowblow towards the losers; a complete d0uche move by the winning team (imagine if the Giants did that in front of Kyle Williams' face). Hate it!

Just to clarify, that Blackhawks belt wasn't a championship thing, it was an individual "award" the players passed around to whoever they thought was the MVP after each game during their Stanley Cup run. Kane ended up with it at the parade because he scored the Cup-winner. In fact, I think Byfuglien gave it to him during the player speeches. In this case, the belt did not symbolize winning a title.

Archived