Notre Dame Football Concept

AnythingChicago

Well, I was watching the Notre Dame-Connecticut, and, along with marveling at the ugliness of UConn's silvery mess, I said "you know what, navy is overused, and Notre Dame should definitely be green and gold. So I decided to make a concept; I did football because I couldn't find the scripts necessary for basketball.

I kept the classic feel (plain number font, simple pants, NNOB) while replacing navy with kelly green. Another big change is the permanent insertion of the Fighting Irish's golden domes. You'll notice I used a photograph as one in the concept because I couldn't illustrate the texture of the helmet on the Paint template.

notredamefbconcept.png

First trial

Pots of gold for everyone who gives C&C! (dance) One thing I would like your opinions on is whether or not I should incorporate green pants into the concept. So feel free to give your insight on that.

25yzwqg.png

I dunno about the green. Yes, we've worn it as our primary color a few times, but we're famous for the blue and gold. But it's a concept for a green and gold ND, so I'll accept that and C&C the rest.

I don't like the blank sleeves. I would put a shamrock on the collar, move the ND to the sleeves (as they have it now), and get rid of the TV numbers. I just think that the TV numbers are kinda boring.

I do like the contrasting collar and cuffs though. It gives the jerseys some much-needed contrast.

And whatever you do...NO GREEN PANTS!!!!! Notre Dame should only wear a gold helmet and gold pants. Anything else would be utter blasphemy. #endrant

I dunno about the green. Yes, we've worn it as our primary color a few times, but we're famous for the blue and gold. But it's a concept for a green and gold ND, so I'll accept that and C&C the rest.

I don't like the blank sleeves. I would put a shamrock on the collar, move the ND to the sleeves (as they have it now), and get rid of the TV numbers. I just think that the TV numbers are kinda boring.

I do like the contrasting collar and cuffs though. It gives the jerseys some much-needed contrast.

And whatever you do...NO GREEN PANTS!!!!! Notre Dame should only wear a gold helmet and gold pants. Anything else would be utter blasphemy. #endrant

Yeah, I was certainly pondering a sleeve logo, and your suggestion is perfect. So here it is implemented in an update:

notredamefbconcept.png

25yzwqg.png

Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I went ahead and experimented with a darker green, but I decided that I really am partial to the kelly shade. If I get a chance, I'll post what a darker green would look like, but I only had limited time for such things today.

25yzwqg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived