Portland Beavers & Las Vegas Black Jax

Ndfreek12

MLB EXPANSION PROJECT

MLBHats.png

*Links to finished or in progress versions

-----Portland Beavers-----

-----Las Vegas Black Jax------

My first concept! I used paint. I decided to even out the AL West so the Astros don't have to join the American League. Portland is the 31st largest city in the U.S. ahead of Kansas City, Cleveland, Oakland, Arlington (Texas), St. Louis, Tampa, Cincinnati, Anaheim, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh. All of which are homes of MLB teams. Portland is also warmer and has less rainfall then many MLB teams, including Boston.

anakin_facemelter__powah_chord_by_hupao-d4bszre-750x421.jpg

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK... First, you really need to work on the logo. Right now, it's in rough sketch territory. It needs to be refined before being shown. Your second logo is the State of Oregon; no real effort there. Take some time on it, and it will pay dividends.

Second, you missed a very basic thing in not adding grey to your road pant. This screams out "rush job." Remember to take time to look over it. I'm not the best designer here and I know it, so when I release anything, I take at least a week to look it over. Make sure the basics are down before you release anything. Next, use another font besides Copperplate; it's WAYYYYYYY too overused. After that, take down the size of the numbers on the back. I've never seen a jersey where the number is as big as the entire back of the jersey. The "Traders" wordmark is too big for your jersey. Finally, "Portland" should be on the road jersey and "Traders" should be on the home. Your home team knows that they play in Portland, it's the road fans that want to know where you're from.

Even with all of that said, you still have a lot of work to go. I suggest taking your concept down and work on just the logo for a week. Actually sketch it out and use reference photos of what a beaver actually looks like. TAKE YOUR TIME; nobody can make a concept in just a day.

OK... First, you really need to work on the logo. Right now, it's in rough sketch territory. It needs to be refined before being shown. Your second logo is the State of Oregon; no real effort there. Take some time on it, and it will pay dividends.

Second, you missed a very basic thing in not adding grey to your road pant. This screams out "rush job." Remember to take time to look over it. I'm not the best designer here and I know it, so when I release anything, I take at least a week to look it over. Make sure the basics are down before you release anything. Next, use another font besides Copperplate; it's WAYYYYYYY too overused. After that, take down the size of the numbers on the back. I've never seen a jersey where the number is as big as the entire back of the jersey. The "Traders" wordmark is too big for your jersey. Finally, "Portland" should be on the road jersey and "Traders" should be on the home. Your home team knows that they play in Portland, it's the road fans that want to know where you're from.

Even with all of that said, you still have a lot of work to go. I suggest taking your concept down and work on just the logo for a week. Actually sketch it out and use reference photos of what a beaver actually looks like. TAKE YOUR TIME; nobody can make a concept in just a day.

Thanks for the tips. I'll take your advise on the week of the work.

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

OK:

• Change the font
  • Shrink the back numbers
  • I like the idea of a beaver logo, and think it has potential, but yours needs a lot of work
  • There's no need for the AL sleeve patch
  • Put "PORTLAND" on the road and "TRADERS" on the home
  • I'd recommend using a bigger template
  • I'm digging the colour scheme

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

OK:

• Change the font
  • I like the idea of a beaver logo, and think it has potential, but yours needs a lot of work

I'm new to the site, and those were basically the only templates I could find. If you could direct me to some other ones it'd be very helpful, I want this to work, but as I can tell its going to take awhile.

OK:

• Change the font

I'm new to the site, and those were basically the only templates I could find. If you could direct me to some other ones it'd be very helpful, I want this to work, but as I can tell its going to take awhile.

Merry Christmas.

OK:

• Change the font

Merry Christmas.

thanks any tips on which one I should use?

My link

My first concept! I used paint. I decided to even out the AL West so the Astros don't have to join the American League. Portland is the 31st largest city in the U.S. ahead of Atlanta, Kansas City, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Arlington (Texas), St. Louis, Tampa, Cincinnati, Anaheim, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh. All of which are homes of MLB teams. Portland is also warmer and has less rainfall then many MLB teams, including Boston.

No it's not. Half the size of Atlanta or Miami. Just saying.

sig.png

i dont mind the beaver, but you should definitely stick with the colour scheme. portland is a great place for a team.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

i dont mind the beaver, but you should definitely stick with the colour scheme. portland is a great place for a team.

I plan on keeping the light brown, dark brown, and forest green for the whole series.

My link

My first concept! I used paint. I decided to even out the AL West so the Astros don't have to join the American League. Portland is the 31st largest city in the U.S. ahead of Atlanta, Kansas City, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Arlington (Texas), St. Louis, Tampa, Cincinnati, Anaheim, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh. All of which are homes of MLB teams. Portland is also warmer and has less rainfall then many MLB teams, including Boston.

No it's not. Half the size of Atlanta or Miami. Just saying.

Well its fixed now

beaver-1.jpg

Lack of C&C on last beaver logo, so I'm taking it wasn't to good. Well I was sick today so I worked on one all day. This one took me awhile. I hope it will be the last beaver logo I make, I'm getting tired of looking at Beavers.

Just because you don't get a lot of C&C in a few hours doesn't mean that it wasn't going well. Be patient, and stick with what you just posted. Wait another day or two at the least.

I think you've come up with a good color scheme and I really think you came up with a great team name.

Keep working at it and you'll have something really good.

Thanks, do you have a favorite on the 2 options? Beaver #1 or Beaver #2?

I think you've come up with a good color scheme and I really think you came up with a great team name.

Keep working at it and you'll have something really good.

Thanks, do you have a favorite on the 2 options? Beaver #1 or Beaver #2?

The first one with the coonskin cap on is my personal favorite. The beaver sitting on the ball is very generic and the other one is too cartoony for my tastes. I like the fact that the first one has a little attitude going for it, something about the eyes.

Archived