Design Your Own Sports Logo License Plate Frame

rmackman

I've always liked license plate frames since it's a good way to show who you're a fan of without putting crappy bumper stickers all over your car or those vinyl appliques that go on the windows. There's a website that I found just called Autoplates.com (http://www.autoplates.com/) that will pretty much let you design whatever you want for your auto tags. Since my allegiances sit in both Florida and Wisconsin, I decided to create a frame that includes both. Kind of an all-in-one or all-season frame. Here's what I did, but you guys can go to their site, copy their template, and design whatever you want. It ends up being $35, which is a lot for a frame, but obviously you pay more when they're custom jobs.

CustomPlate5.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I guess I've never understood the need to make sure that everyone driving behind you knows what your 32 favorite sports teams are.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess I've never understood the need to make sure that everyone driving behind you knows what your 32 favorite sports teams are.

It's more of a decoration than it is a message. I have a Toledo Rockets license plate frame on my car and an Ohio State frame on my motorcycle. I put them on because I like them. I don't really care if anyone reads them or not. I just like how they look. But that's just me.

BB52Big.jpg

It's more of a decoration than it is a message. I have a Toledo Rockets license plate frame on my car and an Ohio State frame on my motorcycle. I put them on because I like them. I don't really care if anyone reads them or not. I just like how they look. But that's just me.

As a decoration, hodgepodges of sports logos never look good.

As a decoration, hodgepodges of sports logos never look good.

Well, I'm talking about one team per frame, not 10 or 15. Vet's right about the 32 favorite team thing. I'm just talking about plate frames in general.

BB52Big.jpg

How do you customize it??

Create your design in photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, save it as a .png, then insert it onto their template. Email the whole template in.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

CustomPlate5.png

FYI, about 80% of your logos are of the outdated variety.

Not outdated.

Vintage*

Mostly because I prefer those versions...and it's not 80%. The Packers, Panthers, Gators, and Badgers logos are still current. 4 out of 9 = about 44% correct. Anyways, I wasn't posting my design to be critiqued. It is exactly how I want it. I posted it as an example of what you can do if you'd like. The company allows you to make any design you wish.

spacer.png

CustomPlate5.png

Not outdated.

Vintage*

Mostly because I prefer those versions...and it's not 80%. The Packers, Panthers, Gators, and Badgers logos are still current. 4 out of 9 = about 44% correct. Anyways, I wasn't posting my design to be critiqued. It is exactly how I want it. I posted it as an example of what you can do if you'd like. The company allows you to make any design you wish.

Both Gators logos on your plate have been modified over the last month.. Just FYI.

6uXNWAo.png

CustomPlate5.png

Not outdated.

Vintage*

Both Gators logos on your plate have been modified over the last month.. Just FYI.

Okay fine, 3 out of 9. I still don't care. :rolleyes:

spacer.png

That's a really cool idea.

I too hate bumper stickers and would rather have this. It isn't 32 and he wants to do it. Why overexaggerate and make a comment if you don't like it? He likes alot of teams and wants to show his team pride, what's the big deal?

I also like that you use the logos you prefer. I'm the same way. I would never put anything with the new Lightning logo on my car becuase the logo is horse :censored:. The new Marlins logo sucks hard too, so I like what you did.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'm too picky about what goes on my Jeep. It's black, so all I have is a silver metal Chiefs decal thingy on the driver side, and a metal Jayhawk of the same size and color on the passenger side. My brother got me a full-color Sporting Kansas City decal, and I've hesitated putting it on. IT DOESN'T MATCH!

Had he bought the silver metal Sporting KC decal, I'd have put it on immediately. The fool.

I'm too picky about what goes on my Jeep. It's black, so all I have is a silver metal Chiefs decal thingy on the driver side, and a metal Jayhawk of the same size and color on the passenger side. My brother got me a full-color Sporting Kansas City decal, and I've hesitated putting it on. IT DOESN'T MATCH!

Had he bought the silver metal Sporting KC decal, I'd have put it on immediately. The fool.

Yes, but you could get a silver metal license plate frame, and design a black and silver graphic for it, and then it'd match.

spacer.png

So here's the finished product! Now, knowing how critical everyone gets, let me explain several things:

1. I'm aware there's a huge Gator logo on the license plate, so why would I put another logo on the frame? Because I live in Chicago, and at some point, I'm going to have to switch to an Illinois plate. Therefore, the Gators logo will be gone as they don't offer UF custom plates here.
  2. I know my car could use a wash. The salt on the roads makes it tough to keep clean. I actually washed it on Sunday, so it got that dirty in less than a week.
  3. I realize you cannot see my license plate number. I did that on purpose.

CustomPlate6.jpg

spacer.png

Not bad. Considering you dropped $40 on it, are you sold on the overall quality of the frame itself?

And is that the same car sold to you by Snoop Minnis? B)

The one and only.

He went from this:

snoop-minnis.jpg

image247011x.jpg

kansas-city-chiefs-marvin-minnis-45-fleer-tradition-2002-nfl-american-football-trading-card-16660-p.jpg

To this:

LexusPembrokePinesLG_full.jpeg

spacer.png

Archived