Website design

1990hornet

First point is its come a million miles from where you first started so well done for that.

I'd look at changing the colours for the Twitter widget as it doesn't sit in with the clean body of the site.

I'd ditch the "Disclaimer" menu option and put it either on the footer or on the side nav.

On a personal note having your email address like that may lead to lots of spam by bots who just scan sites for email addresses . Have a look at creating a contact form.

logo.png

The banner, more specifically the fonts, really need to be updated. I see the effect you're going for with your BRAYSBALL TALK mark, but the letters really just look distorted and sloppy, especially with the sharp "glint" in front of them. The "SPRING TRAINING 2012" font is unnecessarlily stylized. The fact that everything is in caps is really not friendly, plus it clashes with the title font. Also, you don't need that shaded box over the whole thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The banner, more specifically the fonts, really need to be updated. I see the effect you're going for with your BRAYSBALL TALK mark, but the letters really just look distorted and sloppy, especially with the sharp "glint" in front of them. The "SPRING TRAINING 2012" font is unnecessarlily stylized. The fact that everything is in caps is really not friendly, plus it clashes with the title font. Also, you don't need that shaded box over the whole thing.

The spring training font can't change it's the one being used by MLB. as for my logo, any suggestions? As for the "shaded box", I assume you mean the navy across the top of the page, well I don't want to change that.

• 2 weeks later...

Header is cleaner, but your biggest problem is the over-abundance of white. Make your information on a white background and outside of that to the left and a right, another color. All that white blinds the reader and makes most people look at it once and never come back.

Header is cleaner, but your biggest problem is the over-abundance of white. Make your information on a white background and outside of that to the left and a right, another color. All that white blinds the reader and makes most people look at it once and never come back.

+1.

Leave the main articles white and change the margins to another color. Maybe a washed out gold color to play off the Ray's color scheme.

Banana Cream?

MTS2_Danikat_784397_colors.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'd say lighten the background still, its a little too dark to me. Also, maybe expand the drop shadow off the content region so its flows... either that or lighten the color of the drop shadow so it isn't as black (more opacity to the shadow).

Another thing I'd say is lighten the text-shadow you have on your H3's for your news/blog entry titles. The darker grey you have now is too overpowering.

One last thing I noticed that I'm not a fan of is the "active" box around "Home" being stretched vertically all the way from top to bottom of the nav bar. Have less padding on the element so it gives spacing between the top of the box and top of the nav bar, as well as for the bottom. It seems way too big to me.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

How about that? Or is that too much?

EDIT: this is what it would look like with the banana cream you suggested

bananacream.png

I like the banana cream, it really makes it look nice and clean. I do agree about dropping the drop shadow completely. Good job.

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely try to clean up those pennants and the text on the right side.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I'd completely drop the pennants and words from the background, as they get cut off at awkward parts at certain resolutions. I think a background should be just that - a background.

Since you can't really see the field in your background anyway since the content is on top of it, why have it? Is it worth having the corners visible? Maybe take the pennants and logos and make a very subtle multi-toned blue tile background, with everything on an angle maybe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived