MLB All Star Game logo concept

IronChefShark

It's nice, but the water reminds me too much of the Padres new logo.

I was wondering when someone would say that.

I thought so too while making it, but I was dead set on making some sort of "splash hit" reference and that was the best way I could figure out how to do it

I don't think it looks too much like the Padres logo. If anything, the water reminds me of the old Milwaukee Wave logo, but I don't think anybody else even knows what that was like.

Besides, the Giants had a "splashdown" logo when the Pads were still ripping off the Dodgers....

Great thinking on the concept, ICS. As for the tombstone/gate opening issue, I think that could be resolved by switching the white to the tan/bronze color used in the star. Putting a black border around the "SF" would prevent the orange from blending in to the star's color. I love the "splashdown" motif as well, the only issue I think MLB would have with it is that the waves are now a design component of the Padres' wordmark and they'd probably nix that. Of course by 2008, the Pads could be wearing something completely different, so perhaps it's a moot point.

reminds me of the old Milwaukee Wave logo, but I don't think anybody else even knows what that was like.

except, perhaps, all of us sports logo dorks that inhabit this community!

Archived