Anyone else using a touchpad?

Whittier S

So, my mouse broke long ago, but I've discovered I haven't really needed to replace it. I've been doing all my vector drawing with just my laptop's touchpad, and I'm surprised at how effective it is (when I implement Inkscape's Simplify tool). It feels very organic, like I'm painting.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else draws this way.

rATMcmK.png

I am actually pretty fond of using my laptop's touchpad as opposed to a mouse. Especially when I'm using Illustrator/Photoshop's pen tool. Another alternative that I sometimes prefer over a mouse is my Bamboo tablet. Just kinda depends on what I'm working on and how much time I have.

it depends on whats your working wioth. i use MS paint(have to as my computer is old) but i am investing in a laptop and may use the touch pad to benefit me.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

It's all what you're used to. Personally, I could never use a touchpad because I feel it lacks the precision of the mouse, and I don't like using a pen and tablet because it's too organic to effectively work with vectors for me. The mouse is a perfect balance for me, it's what I'm most comfortable using, and it allows me to work in the most efficient manner possible. Everyone's different, and there's no need to re-train my brain to use something else.

I do prefer Apple's older Mighty Mouse over the current Magic Mouse, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

All stylus for me. Even surfing the net and other non-design activities. I can do ok with the touchpad but I'd rather use a stylus. Just got so used to it that's all I feel comfortable with. Hell I even travel with bamboo when I know I'm going to be designing.

I probably will eventually get a touch pad, but I need a keyboard and those rubber things they have just don't cut it.

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B005XFW8YI

Something like that is probably what I will get with it.

I really do like the touchscreen and it is much more mobile then a laptop. But like I said I need a keyboard. Most of the work I do on a computer is excel and I'm not pounding on the screen to do that type of work.

Archived