Halifax Destroyers

Cody21

In 1996, The NHL started to expand to Nashville, Miami and St.Paul. Another was awarded to Halifax.Names that were chosen for the franchise were Mustangs, Highlanders,Moose and Destroyers. The Destroyers won the vote by a mere 4%. the club then unveiled It's logo: a Grim Reaper, or Death, holding a hockey stick like a scythe. With the club winning the 15th overall pick in that year's draft, the Destroyers selected Dainius Zubrus, who is still a superstar for the Destroyers today.However the club made a big suprise in the third round,selecting Nick Smith. The club unveiled there jerseys that would last until 2000:

HalifaxDestroyers.png

Any C and C before I make my next post?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The jerseys fit the era perfectly and thats not a backhanded remark ( I love the 90's ). The Black one in particular looks very sharp. Looking forward to seeing this franchise's jersey history. Hope there are a more than a few big changes

The jerseys fit the era perfectly and thats not a backhanded remark ( I love the 90's ). The Black one in particular looks very sharp. Looking forward to seeing this franchise's jersey history. Hope there are a more than a few big changes

While I agree that the look fits the era, I do not feel that potentially making light of the Halifax disaster is a really tasteful route to go. It's along the same line as calling a team the London Rippers, or Oklahoma City Bombers. Change the logo to something naval themed and I think you have a winner here.

canada.png

is the logo original?

The logo was orignally made by a guy known as Shawn on NHL2P. i asked for permission to use it via e-mail. the name may change, may not. Are there actual Panthers in Florida? Hurricanes in Carolina? Also doesn't the name reflect Fairview Cemetery which is one of the most popular Cemeteries in Halifax, holding over 100 victims of the RMS Titanic?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

is the logo original?

The logo was orignally made by a guy known as Shawn on NHL2P. i asked for permission to use it via e-mail. the name may change, may not. Are there actual Panthers in Florida? Hurricanes in Carolina? Also doesn't the name reflect Fairview Cemetery which is one of the most popular Cemeteries in Halifax, holding over 100 victims of the RMS Titanic?

I can speak for the hurricanes in Carolina and I don't even live there, just visit once a year.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

New jerseys up tonight if i get em done in time. one thing: prepare to be suprised.

is the logo original?

Yes, Yes, and not really. I don't see how "Destroyers" reflects people who died in a tragic accident? quite the opposite, really. If you were tying it to the naval definition, then it would make sense. But I can't speak to the naval presence in Halifax. A new logo would be cool, the Grim Reaper looks kinda derp-y. And the wordmarks look like they were done with WordArt.

new logo will be made, found photoshop on a school comp so i'll try my best.

Red/white/black doesn't fit Halifax for me. Also, do the Mighty Ducks exist in this universe? It's the same template.

It's a mix of the Mighty Ducks and Lady Liberty templates.

Archived