Dallas Stars - Lone Stars (Logo)

worcat

Starslogo_021.png

Nothing new, this had been done times before but just wondering if I should continue....

Dallas Stars finally in true Dallas fashion. Star is in the design of a sheriffs badge. Used black/tan/clay red. The top point of the badge was kept a different color to point toward the NORTH for a nod to the teams origins from the Minnesota North Stars. Still need to add an outline around the "A" in tan and red, also add "DALLAS" above the "STARS" font.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

.....ah.... man.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too stereotypical.

I have to agree with this sentiment. The "Sheriff Star" (if you will) has been used in so many Star's concepts over the years it's become a crutch. The script is interesting but I don't like the idea of the team ditching Gold and Green. Theres too much history there, not to mention a Stanley Cup.

I had an idea very similar to this a while ago, rebranding the Stars as the Texas Lone Stars. As for the logo, it's a good start, but it's way to simple. I think you should go with that color scheme, but I think with a few small changes you could have a winner here.

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

this is exactly why i opened the topic with "Nothing new, this had been done times before but just wondering if I should continue...."

i don't think anyone reads anymore? oh well. yeah it's very simple and i prolly won't continue with it at all.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

this would not go over well with stars fans at all.

Definately not.

I mean, yes, it's a Texas team. And I understand the concept of giving it a "Texas look". But there are lines that have to be drawn. It seems as if people who aren't from this state keep this image that the teams HAVE to have this Old West, cowboy image. Not too much wrong with that image, but again, there are lines....

Just because it is a Texas team dosn't mean it has to have this brownish-red color with tan and this old posse, Wanted Outlaw font you'd see in the 70's. I've seen it with this and the Rangers (who have a PERFECT identity that shouldn't be touched) and it's just gotta stop. There's more to Texas than what you see in an old John Wayne movie.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

the stars culture is sort of pretentiously untexan, too... a generally more liberal crowd. non-natives.

they don't want the colors to be red, white, and blue. they don't want the colors to be western... they want green and gold. and tradition, even when it's forced.

going all cowboy with the stars logo is a fast way to turn off the fanbase. they're the only dallas area sports team that isn't named in a western way, and that isn't a problem that we fans think should be rectified.

Cole i'd hope by now you know i'm a traditionalist. hell i'd hate if anyone drastically changed the blues logo. This is just how I'd see the Stars franchise if the NHL just brought them in today. In all honesty, it would prolly be alot worse than this.

i've seen some excellant 'lone' star style concepts that blows this outta the water. just figured i'd give it a go.

I dunno what team to try to improve or modernize next? I've always wanted to play with detroits, phillys, chicago, boston, toronto... i hate touching original 6 teams but i'm not saying an overhaul, just a few minor tweeks.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

i think the actual dallas stars logo has tons of room for improvement, and isn't even remotely untouchable...

i just don't think going a wild western theme and changing the team colors is the way to go about it.

i think the actual dallas stars logo has tons of room for improvement, and isn't even remotely untouchable...

i just don't think going a wild western theme and changing the team colors is the way to go about it.

Yeah, I'd like to see some changes for the Stars logo and jerseys (especially), but the old west thing is horrid for the Stars.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I see lots of potential in this, I'd slant it like the current logo. The current font looks somewhat cheesy but I think you could really make something awesome out of this. Not sure what I could suggest font wise but definitely work on this.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived