Dallas Stars logo

rcb05

Another thread this week did a Stars logo with a sheriff's badge look, and it gave me an idea that, while similar in theme, would be totally different. It's a bit more of a modern take on the sheriff's bade, with the six-pointed star instead of the five. I kept a western font, but tried to choose one that had at least a bit of a modern feel. The 1993 is the Stars' first year in Dallas.

I feel like maybe this isn't yet complete, but I don't know where to go from here. C&C weclome. Oh, also, this is my first inkscape logo, so if you see any issues resulting from that, feel free to point em out.

Primary Logo/Shoulder Logo

7188632240_b6e3e8316a.jpg

Jersey Crest

7192108280_3d2bcb42e6.jpg

Another thread this week did a Stars logo with a sheriff's badge look, and it gave me an idea that, while similar in theme, would be totally different. It's a bit more of a modern take on the sheriff's bade, with the six-pointed star instead of the five. I kept a western font, but tried to choose one that had at least a bit of a modern feel. The 1993 is the Stars' first year in Dallas.

I feel like maybe this isn't yet complete, but I don't know where to go from here. C&C weclome. Oh, also, this is my first inkscape logo, so if you see any issues resulting from that, feel free to point em out.

7188632240_b6e3e8316a.jpg

I would look at the logo of the CFL's now defunct Las Vegas Posse for design clues,but this a good start...

This is definitely a good start but here are a few suggestions...

1) Colour optimize it. This would be a much stronger mark if the correct colours were used

2) Make the "1993" bigger or use a different font

3) Develop the inner star a bit more. Looks unfinished as is

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll definitely work some of your advice into an update. I realized after I made this that the badge really doesn't work as a jersey crest, so I created this as a jersey crest. The badge could serve as a center ice or shoulder logo.

7192108280_3d2bcb42e6.jpg

Darkened the colors and tweaked the 1993.

7193167260_808a4ecc04.jpg

7193167270_eac048fe49.jpg

Huge improvement! The top one would make an excellent shoulder patch... but I'm one of those who think their primary logo should never be changed ;)

Darkened the colors and tweaked the 1993.

7193167260_808a4ecc04.jpg

7193167270_eac048fe49.jpg

Huge improvement! The top one would make an excellent shoulder patch... but I'm one of those who think their primary logo should never be changed ;)

EVER!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived