MLB Concept Double-Header

BigRed618

...I'll post the Mets one first. The Yankees one will be here some time tomorrow.

nymunis.png

I went with the plackard piping used in their 2010/2011 seasons. I think they look good and it helps them differentiate themselves from the Yankees better. I also made a new mascot logo, completely hand drawn, and inspired by the Statue of Liberty. Your thoughts?

Here's the Yanks:

nyyunis.png

I used the cap logo as their home script, a lot of people agree that the Yanks should stick with one version of their "NY" logo, and their cap logo is the way to go. Also added red to their road uniforms, mainly as homage to the franchise's Heroic Age. Comments, critique, and suggestions are appreciated, as always.

I would say no red for the Yankees because of the Red Sox. With the navy and red on they away it would remind me of this.

polls_P11070569_4409_46874_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Even though the colors are reversed.

You could also say that about every other navy/red team out there. It's not like the Yanks and the BoSox would both be wearing gray on the same field, so it's not that big a deal.

I would say no red for the Yankees because of the Red Sox. With the navy and red on they away it would remind me of this.

polls_P11070569_4409_46874_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Even though the colors are reversed.

You could also say that about every other navy/red team out there. It's not like the Yanks and the BoSox would both be wearing gray on the same field, so it's not that big a deal.

I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't the two biggest rivals in baseball maybe all of sports?

Other than the bat/hat logo, red has no place in the Yankees identity. Not as an outline, not on the brim of the caps. Actually, I think the best looking road uniform would be with no outline, but make it white if you must have one.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Mets: liberty logo is cool although idk many men's teams that have a female mascot.... Maybe recycle that for a softball team? Other than that thought the home cap logo is a downgrade.

Yankees: I like the use of just one NY, but the road uniform is also a downgrade, red looks forced and isn't really one of their colors anyway.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I like the Lady Liberty logo, myself, it has a nice '50s or '60s feel, reminds me of the Cleveland Browns' Brownie logo. I concur with others regarding the red on the Yankees.

rATMcmK.png

Mets: liberty logo is cool although idk many men's teams that have a female mascot.... Maybe recycle that for a softball team? Other than that thought the home cap logo is a downgrade.

That's actually part of the reason I made a Lady Liberty logo. The main purpose of a mascot is to bring good luck to the team, and I believe that ideal transcends gender. Having said that, the Mets may be the only team who could get away with a girl mascot.

Also, update on the Yankees:

nyyunis.png

You spoke, I listened. No more red on either jersey. I also doctored up the primary a little bit. Now I see why not that many people make concepts for NYY. It's hard to change too much on the unis without getting chewed out for it. I just wanted to make something that hasn't already been done by everyone else.

Archived