Syracuse Orange Baseball

OfficialBailey7

Okay, this is my first baseball concept, so bear with me. I had two main goals in this concept. One, utilize the "SU" logo. I don't know if anyone else feals this way, but when I see that orange block "S" I think of Syracuse Basketball. Not footbal, not lacrosse, and certainly not baseball. The "SU" logo isn't used much in jerseys anyway. My second goal was to create a traditional baseball look. Syracuse had a baseball team 1870-1972 (not playing the 1922 season). They appeared in the 1961 College World series, starting two future major leagers. I couldn't find much on the jerseys, but I tried to create something clean, and old fashioned, like they might have had. Of course I used the current scripts and logos, and I added two alternates (which they definatly didn't have back then). So without further ado, here is my set. As always C&C is welcome!

SUBaseball.png

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

1. Have the orange script in orange as well as the number/nob it looks silly using a colour and having it a different colour.

2.use orange on the road there is currently no orange, at least give everything an orange stroke

3. Put the su logo on the left side of chest and the numbers on the right

4. Lose the sleeve patch on the road and orange alt because it's kinda redundant using it three times heck even maybe lose it on them all since it's the cap logo

5. I would use the orange cap with the navy bill for them all or make the su on the navy cap orange

6. Darken the blue on the road alt it seems lighter ten the blue used else where

I can see this turning out fairly well

1. Have the orange script in orange as well as the number/nob it looks silly using a colour and having it a different colour.

2.use orange on the road there is currently no orange, at least give everything an orange stroke

4. Lose the sleeve patch on the road and orange alt because it's kinda redundant using it three times heck even maybe lose it on them all since it's the cap logo

5. I would use the orange cap with the navy bill for them all or make the su on the navy cap orange

6. Darken the blue on the road alt it seems lighter ten the blue used else where

I made the road with all navy trim on purpose, because I think it looks good. Looking back I will probably make the alternante road orange since there in none in the primary.

Try making the SU on the blue hat in orange instead of white, because right now that hat isn't giving me a Syracuse feel. Nice job other than that, though.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

1) Or you could add an orange outline around the blue lettering

2) Agreed

3) Same. That's the "general" rule of thumb for baseball

4) Can go either way. Really up to you on your part

5) In response to the road uniform, you could use a navy blue with orange bill, that is if you add the orange outline I suggested.

6) The blue is fine, IMO

Overall, GREAT start. Just a LITTLE tweaks and it will turn out great. That's what I do with my SLB all the time, lol

I left the sleave patch on the unis with the wordmark, and took it off on the others. I made the "Orange" script orange, made the logo on the all blue hat orange, and switched a few other things around. There was not much C&C to build off of, but here it is...

SUBaseball-1.png

I don't think you need the number on the front of the jersey at all... IMO very few baseball jerseys need that, especially the ones with the full script not the SU. Swap the hats on the white and grey jersey.. Orange with white, navy with grey. And the numbers could be a little thinner. Orange socks with home whites. And no need for two different white pants... Either navy or orange stripe is fine but pick one (my pref would be navy stripe to match jersey piping with orange socks)

I think with those changes u have a perfect set

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

UDATED VERSION

SUBaseball-3.png

I didn't switch the hats because I was trying to match the color of the hat logo with the jersey logo. I tried a different font, its not to different, but if you don't like it I'll change it back. I took the number of on the front of the jerseys with a wordmark and moved it up on the jerseys with the Logo on front. I also made the road alternate script grey, to match the pants. I wasn't digging how it clashed with the pants. C&C is of course welcome, and if I don't get any, I guess its a wrap!

also not a fan of the single colored words/numbers of the jerseys... i dont like that fashion trend in college baseball

What do you mean by single colored words/numbers. Do you mean it should have an outline or the numbers shouldn't be the same color as the words? Im a little confused.

Looks pretty good. I do prefer the orange hat to the whites ones though. I don't mind the "single colored words/numbers" but think it looks odd when matched up with a contrasting color for the piping.

I know using the SU logo on the cap is the centerpiece of your design so I won't say you should change it. But I do think the more well known S logo would be a better fit. A varsity Syracuse baseball would be new and have little recognition. Using the school's well known identity would be an asset for the team and would associate it with success. Second, St. John's is probably the best known NY State baseball team and would be a rival. The SU looks a lot like St. John's STJ, especially on the cap, even though the colors are different.

Archived