sportstar1212's MLB

sportstar1212

Hello everyone,

This is my MLB series. I'm fairly new to making baseball concepts and I'm still learning, so please bear with me. My main goal of the series is to add a bit more color to the league. That's not saying each team will get a unique color scheme, but I'm going to try and change a few red and blue teams and bring back some unique looks.

1. New York Yankees (Update)

2. Cincinnati Reds

3. Washington Nationals (Update)

4. Colorado Rockies (Update)

5. Baltimore Orioles

6. San Diego Padres (Update)

7. New York Mets

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the Damn Yankees first since I wanted to get them overwith :P

Yankees-OfficialSheet.png

I removed the white outline from the New York script on the roadies and I put some blue piping on the sleeves because I felt the jersey was missing something. I added a new navy alternate, which is pretty simple. It can be worn at home or on the road. Lastly, I changed the royal blue in the primary logo to navy and got rid of some of the red.

C&C welcome and appreciated

This is actually a really good Yankees concept IMO (seeing as the Yankees can only look so good :P). Your tweak to the logo is my favorite part of the concept, I've always thought their current logo just doesn't keep with the team's branding and the switch to navy definitely helps. The navy alt, while nothing fancy, would be a good addition to their current set IMO. Nice job, and looking forward to seeing what you do with my New York Mets!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The only thing I can think of is blue piping on the pants, especially since the sleeves on the road grey have it. Some people will complain about the white NY's and the white piping on the blue alt when worn on the road, but I don't think it matters.

spacer.png

The Evil Empire never looked better. I love how the alternate could work on both the home and road as well. I could go either way with having white on the road jersey. A white outline compliments the hat well, but no white outline sticks with tradition much more. I give it a solid 10/10. I will be following this series very closely.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The chest logos look a tad high, but I like it - no huge changes, but still a good concept. As mentioned above, though, the road pants should have piping.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The New York on the away jersey is a little off center, but other than that I like it so far. The Navy jerseys are a much needed add-on to a plain set. I can't wait to see the Cardinals, Nationals, and Marlins.

Here's an update to the Yankees:

YankeesUpdate.png

Just added navy piping to the road pants and fixed the positions of the logos and scripts.

I'm currently in the middle of two teams, but they won't be posted until next week as I will be on the road. When I get back they will both be posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back to work on my series! Before I left for my road trip, I was in the middle of the Reds and the Nats. I managed to get the Reds finished today but I'm still ironing out a few kinks with Washington. Without further ado, here are the Reds:

RedsOfficialSheet.png

The changes here are simple, I removed the black dropshadows and changed back to the old number font. I also brought back the old pinstriped vest, complete with the pinstriped hat. It is meant to be a Sunday alt. Did I put too many pinstripes on the hat?

Expect to see the Nats up sometime tomorrow :)

I know, I said I'd have Washington up on Saturday. I was too lazy to do anything this weekend, but today I finished the Nats.

NationalsOfficialSheet.png

I changed the home jersey to the leaked 2011 prototype, which is what they should have gone with IMO. The road jersey is relatively unchanged. I made red and blue alternates which are the same as the primaries, but I think they work well. Also, I got rid of the current road cap and I put the DC logo on the sleeves for all the jerseys. C&C?

Solid set. Not a big fan of the pinstriped cap though.

Agreed.

Washington looks good as well, though I'd lose the navy button on the caps.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 4 weeks later...

Today, I present to you, the Colorado Rockies:

RockiesOfficialSheet.png

The Rockies are desperate for a change. I dropped the pinstripes, and made use of purple. It's unfortunate that they have such a great color, but they hide it and end up looking like the White Sox in the process, same deal with the old Marlins. I lightened the purple a bit because their current purple is too close to the black, IMO. I included a vest option for them too. I also gave them Jake's striped socks, not stirrups, but still the same. As well, I tweaked the primary logo. The purple mountain is now silver (much more fitting), and the "Rockies" wordmark is recolored to match the one on the jersey.

Thoughts?

Archived