Heitert's Sports Logos Art

AHcreative

A couple years ago I posted this topic:

Now, I've been doing designs like this for the past four years or so and recently I decided to tie them in to my other love, sports logos.

I've started with the NHL and here are the first two teams; my home team the St. Louis Blues:

Blues.jpg

And here are the Anaheim Ducks:

Ducks.jpg

I plan on doing the rest of the NHL and probably the NFL and MLB. Not a big basketball or soccer fan and St. Louis doesn't have teams in those respective leagues so I'll probably not be doing those two.

But I will post the rest of these as I finish. So, tell me what ya think! Thanks!

One o my friends was doing somthing similar but with animals a few weeks ago, one thing I would do is make the drawings larger so less take up the same amount of space, can't wait to see the rest

I thought about doing them larger but that would take up a lot of time and money (i.e. on paper and markers, etc.) What kind of designs does your friend do, it it really similar to mine? I'm always interested to see what other kinds of art people do.

This look really cool. I especially like the Anaheim Ducks as the colours are as close to perfect as they can get. What kind of markers are you using?

Sharpie for the flat colors (I'm cheap :P), the gold and silver are these paint pens that I'm really reconsidering because they don't really stick well to the photo paper and sometimes the paint leaks and causes giants blobs on the paper.

What's really going to be hard is when I need to do the sand/cream colors like the Wild and the Coyotes, what kind of markers do you use for your hand drawn series?

go anywhere on the shoes?

No, I got stuck with those, I really don't know what the next step would be for me. Any suggestions?

Sharpie for the flat colors (I'm cheap :P), the gold and silver are these paint pens that I'm really reconsidering because they don't really stick well to the photo paper and sometimes the paint leaks and causes giants blobs on the paper.

What's really going to be hard is when I need to do the sand/cream colors like the Wild and the Coyotes, what kind of markers do you use for your hand drawn series?

Hey, nothing wrong with sharpies! I use them occasionally for my drawings but most of the time I use Prismacolor Premier Markers. You can get almost any colour (including Sand/wheat) and they don't bleed as much. I run into the same problem as you with the metallic shades. I find it's better to shade a little bit with those and come back to it after it's dry.

Hey, nothing wrong with sharpies! I use them occasionally for my drawings but most of the time I use Prismacolor Premier Markers. You can get almost any colour (including Sand/wheat) and they don't bleed as much. I run into the same problem as you with the metallic shades. I find it's better to shade a little bit with those and come back to it after it's dry.

I figured as much, Prismacolor is a great brand. I used some Prismacolor brands when I took my IB Art class in high school. I may have to pick some up sometime.

Well, I literally got on the computer to try and see if I could work on NHL series but alas, no ideas are coming to me. So I decided to continue this. Here's New Jersey:

Devils.jpg

Sorry if it's blurry, the pic was taken by use of mobile phone.

Archived