Updates to the NCAA Conferences logos

dcameronh

I was wondering if there was any thought as to update all the college logo pages and maybe if it would be easy to reorganize them into the conferences instead of alphabetical order? After I posted the Big Sky logo thread, I got to looking at the college logo pages and I noticed that some school logos are outdated or incomplete and there is no place showing the conference logos.

This website (http://collegesportsinfo.com/conference-realignment-grid/#top), which I look at quite often to keep up with the current conference realignments, is a great resource for who is is what conference and it updated pretty regularly. (Although their school logos could use some updating as well)

I know there has been threads in the past for posting new logos for schools so maybe we could revive that with this thread or start the old one up again. Let me know if I can help in any way as well.

Update: Please post any updates or additions to any of the NCAA Conference logos in this thread.

I'll start with the ones I notice right away.

Mountain West: MWC_Logo.jpg

WAC: LNPWAVKTSEDNOIM.20050701135306.jpg

PAC12: Pac-12_Shield_Color_Logo_Legacy%20%281%29.jpg

That Mountain West logo was a complete downgrade in my opinion. Went from a logo that represented everything about the league to something that a logo more reminiscent of a television production company.

There are issues I see with grouping by conference. There are some schools that are in one conference for one sport and another conference for all others. Like Notre Dame independent for football but Big East for all others so where would you place schools like that?

Then you have schools like BYU that are all over the place. Football Independent, Men's Basketball Mountain West, Women's Basketball West Coast Conference, Men's and women's Volleyball Mountain Pacific Sports Federation just to name a few so where would you group these type of schools?

While probably the most popular it would be unfair to group every schools just based on college football conference alignments.

Then you have schools like BYU that are all over the place. Football Independent, Men's Basketball Mountain West, Women's Basketball West Coast Conference, Men's and women's Volleyball Mountain Pacific Sports Federation just to name a few so where would you group these type of schools?

Point taken, though it's even more complicated than that. BYU women's volleyball is in the WCC. The sports that the WCC doesn't sponsor--men's volleyball, men's/women's indoor track, women's softball, and men's/women's swimming/diving--are in the MPSF or Pacific Coast Softball Conference. The WCC may begin sponsoring softball now that it has 6 member teams who play the sport.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Point taken, though it's even more complicated than that. BYU women's volleyball is in the WCC. The sports that the WCC doesn't sponsor--men's volleyball, men's/women's indoor track, women's softball, and men's/women's swimming/diving--are in the MPSF or Pacific Coast Softball Conference. The WCC may begin sponsoring softball now that it has 6 member teams who play the sport.

I understand your point as well. If they were organized by conference, then you could show them in the main conference that they are considered "full" members and not just an affiliate member. So in the case of BYU, they are considered to be full members of the WCC and only affiliate members for those other sports. And I do believe they have left the MWC totally so the men's BB is in the WCC.

If we can't get the schools organized by conference, can we get a page showing all the Div 1 conference logos then?

There are issues I see with grouping by conference. There are some schools that are in one conference for one sport and another conference for all others. Like Notre Dame independent for football but Big East for all others so where would you place schools like that?

While probably the most popular it would be unfair to group every schools just based on college football conference alignments.

BYU men's basketball is also in the West Coast Conference. College basketball conferences would be the easiest to group by.

Tf9TG.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived