Soccer Concepts

Turkleton

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next is Borrusia Dortmund. Nothing too special going on, used my Italy Puma template and added some different design elements. Couldnt decide between white or black for the away, so I did the stripes and Im happy with it, but the yellow sponsor...? Opinions welcome. Dortmund is as always at the bottom of the jersey, however I wanted it to be a little less obvious than usual.

Dortmund Home

dortmundhome.png

Dortmund Away

dortmundaway.png

sigen.jpg

Spain...

Once Id decided to create a Spain kit, I had a look at their recent jerseys and tried to think of something different to do. So it came to me to keep it really simple. I looked at a few kits from the 70s and decided to use the brighter blue, red and yellow and keep it very simple and retro. The away kit is the same template with an added red vertical stripe which breaks up into the 3 stripes / Spanish flag.

Spain Home

spainhome.png

Spain Away

spainaway.png

sigen.jpg

QPR

I was inspired by this seasons Southampton kit - using pinstripes instead of the usual stripes. I thought the Saints kit looked really good so I applied it to QPR. I did have another idea for the away kit but it wasnt really working - I may save it for another team - so I tried a black version of the home kit and liked it!

QPR Home

qprhome.png

QPR Away

qpraway.png

sigen.jpg

lovin the QPR.

one thing: the numbers, on all of these concepts, seem a bit large. maybe cut em down by 75-80%...

Yep do this. Imagine trying to fit a double digit number on, in some cases there wouldn't be enough room.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Southampton

I was inspired to do Southampton because the previous kit (QPR) was inspired by this seasons Saints kit, and it lead on to thinking about bringing the thicker stripes back for Southampton. Thats the basic explaination anyway, I went for thicker than usual stripes to be as different as I could from this seasons pinstripes, and returned to the black shorts. Had to put No 7 on the home kit - the legend that is Matt Le Tissier :)

Away kit is simply navy with a white shoulder stripe.

Southampton Home

southamptonhome.png

Southampton Away

southamptonaway.png

sigen.jpg

QPR home is awful in the sense that it look's nothing like anything the club have worn in their entire history, they've always worn evenly sized blue and white hoops. It works great for the away shirt just not the home.

Really like your Southampton set, it manages to stop them from looking too much like Sunderland and has an original look to it, the only thing I'm not keen on is the asymmetrical shorts, I think they'd look better if you evened up the left side with a red hoop. The half sash design of the away kit looks great too.

QPR home is awful in the sense that it look's nothing like anything the club have worn in their entire history, they've always worn evenly sized blue and white hoops. It works great for the away shirt just not the home.

Really like your Southampton set, it manages to stop them from looking too much like Sunderland and has an original look to it, the only thing I'm not keen on is the asymmetrical shorts, I think they'd look better if you evened up the left side with a red hoop. The half sash design of the away kit looks great too.

That was the point really, to give them something a bit different. Its still blue and white hoops, but in pinstripe form!

sigen.jpg

PSG

I thought I could use my Croatia template to create something abit unusual for PSG, so I had a play and this is what I came up with. Away kit has a sublimated chequered patern. I like it, I think it works. Not as nice as the one they actually have this season though!

PSG Home

psghomeo.png

PSG Away

psgaway.png

sigen.jpg

Holland

For some reason I dont think this is going to strike the right chord with people but after some experimentation, Im really happy with this. Toying with the idea of doing a 3rd kit at some point, probably the same template but doing something a bit different with it. Changed the shorts back to white, and went with orange/white colour scheme (as opposed to orange/black). Wanted something else other than black or white for the away, and I really like this navy/petrol blue colour.

Holland Home

hollandhome.png

Holland Away

hollandawayr.png

sigen.jpg

While I think most of these are exceptional (and are excellently presented for paint), I find the Netherlands kit to be underwhelming. I don't hate them, but I don't love them. I think they would look much stronger if the jerseys were Orange/Black. I'm not sure, but I think you could leave the shorts white and the kit would look excellent. The clash kit actually works very well, I love that blue.

I also have to say I think your checked pattern is awesome.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Marseille

Marseille have a bit of a tradition of having quite extravagant kits. Patterns, gradients etc. To continue this, I started with a basic template, (my retro Spain template) so it wouldnt distract from the design itself. These arent as jazzy as some of the recent Marseille kits but they are still unusual enough, I think!

Marseille Home

marseillehome.png

Marseille Away

marseilleaway.png

sigen.jpg

Palmeiras

The second Brasilian team Ive tried. I created a pretty simple home kit, wanted something a bit different for the away kit. I wanted to experiment with pink somewhere in this thread and decided to try it here. It may not be popular and I wasnt sure myself to begin with but I actually think it looks good!

Palmeiras Home

palmeirashome.png

Palmeiras Away

palmeirasaway.png

sigen.jpg

Archived