Soccer Concepts

Turkleton

I recently started a baseball project but it wasnt turning out quite as id like, so I decided to go back to what I feel I do best when it comes to concepts - football (soccer) kits.

I will post all my concepts in this thread so it will be ongoing, and Im getting back into doing these so hopefully it will be updated regularly. I have tried to stay true to each manufacturers characteristics, for example Adidas' designs are more complicated than Nike, Puma designs are typically asymmetrical, that kind of thing. Basically I wanted each kit to look like it would come from that particular brand.

I look forward to C&C :-)

I wanted the Brasil kits to be simple, and clean. I didnt want any green trim on the home shirt at all, other than the number and 'swoosh'.

The away is the same template, with traditional blue shirt, white shorts and the yellow numbers etc from the last kit they had.

Brasil Home

brasilhome.png

Brasil Away

brasilaway.png

For Croatia, I tried to find a way of using the chequered pattern in a way that I havent seen it done before. Not as easy as I thought! I wanted to emphasise the white and use the red as a secondary jersey colour. The away is a template I came up with seperatly, which I have also used for Inter Milan away kit. I just thought it looked cool :-)

Croatia Home

croatiahome.png

Croatia Away

croatiaaway.png

sigen.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Inter Milan, I really had no design spec other than I wanted to stick with simplicity for the home kit. I tried some white detailing but it got lost against the blue and black stripes. The away is the design I mentioned before, which I used for Croatia away. I have no problem repeating templates like this, as its the done thing in kit design these days!

Inter Milan Home

intermilanhome.png

Inter Milan Away

intermilanaway.png

Villareal seem to have pretty plain kits generally so in this case I did want to add something to them. I started with the sash, then a) hated it ad B) realised Nike already did it! I played around with the pinstripes without erasing the sash and led to this. The away is another colourway of the same kit, but Ive used the red and yellow as a nod to the stripes on the clubs badge.

Villareal Home

villarealhome.png

Villareal Away

villarealaway.png

sigen.jpg

For Stade Rennais, I had to come up with something that I felt wouldnt look out of place as a Puma shirt. I would like to think this has that element of Puma design. The home and away are both using the same template in different ways. I wasnt too sure on this when I designed it but after adding the colour and details, Im happy.

Stade Rennais Home

staderennaishome.png

Stade Rennais Away

staderennaisaway.png

Not all my designs will be templated, and Im thinking up some adidas designs as well as some of the 'smaller' manufacturers. Just depends on the teams I fancy doing!

sigen.jpg

Cheers guys! The Croatia home is my favourite so far! I have made a slight c**k up though... The trim on the Croatia shirt sleeves and the Brasil away shorts shouldnt actually be that dark (the line that forms the trim is dark grey, it should be lighter)

Only a minor thing but now Ive noticed Im a bit annoyed! The template I use to place the kits on the page in the same place each time for posting on here has the trim, and it shouldnt have! Ahhh well... Next up is Italy which i'll post soon :)

sigen.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

For the Italy kits, Ive noticed that alot of the time, Italy seem have their own unique design, rather than a typical Puma template design. (Although I know thats not ALWAYS the case.) I used a very simple design because any over complicated designs dont seem to suit them in my eyes. Ive also reverted back to white shorts for the home kit, as I STILL cant get used to the Azzuri playing in ALL blue.

Italy Home

italyhome.png

Italy Away

italyaway.png

Next up is Bayern Munich and then Santos

sigen.jpg

Heres my adidas template as a Bayern Munich set. The sublimated pattern on the shirts is derived from the Bayern badge, something Ive accentuated on the away kit. The blue colour is colour picked directly from the badge. The 'slashes' on the back & front, just under the arms, are breathable mesh as Ive used on the Brasil kits. And just for kicks, Ive used the retro adidas font. Pretty happy with these, the away kit turned out better than I thought :)

Bayern Home

bayernhomez.png

Bayern Away

bayernaway.png

sigen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back again with another soccer concept...

As requested by Daniel_Ramone, Santos.

Its another Nike kit so Ive tried to keep that simple elegance, but I wanted to try and jazz the away kit up a bit. The green sections are actually alternating lines of slightly different shades of green, but Im not sure if thats gonna come out on your screens! Im actually really pleased with the away kit, once I decided on the colour scheme it came together quite nicely. The fonts are the Nike fonts from around 2000/2001 which Ive just outlined. I thought they suited the kits quite well.

Santos Home

santoshome.png

Santos Away

santosaway.png

If you tip your screen back you can see the green lines!

sigen.jpg

Next team is Roma.

Going to start shortening my descriptions I think, I'll just post up each team as I do them.

Anyway, tried to make this look like a Kappa style kit. I can see a Canterbury look to it as well but Im still happy with it! The dark red stripe across the front of the away kit is the only part Im unsure on, if anyone has any comments on it I will take them on board. The original idea was an all white body with dark red sleeves.

Roma Home

romahome.png

Roma Away

romaaway.png

sigen.jpg

I wasnt happy with the Roma kits 100% and to be honest, if I wasnt I shouldnt really have posted them. Also, feedback from a fan of the club helped, and Ive made some changes. Probably wont do this much, if I like the kits I post then Im happy enough, but I took the comments on board and had another little go.

Same basic template, but tried to simplify them somewhat. changed the collar and cuffs colour, took the stripe off the away kit, and added the big Kappa logos. The 'piping' on the original was actually coloured stitching, which was a primary design element for Kappa a few years back. Tried it, it didnt work, trying something else :)

Roma Home

romahomeb.png

Roma Away

romaawayc.png

sigen.jpg

This kit template seemed oddly familiar once Id done it, then watching the football I realised the 'slash' design on the sleeves are very similar to what Adidas are useing now. I thought about changing it but in this instance, Im going to leave it as it is. Gone for all red home and all white away.

Denmark Home

denmarkhome.png

Denmark Away

denmarkaway.png

sigen.jpg

Back again with another soccer concept...

As requested by Daniel_Ramone, Santos.

Its another Nike kit so Ive tried to keep that simple elegance, but I wanted to try and jazz the away kit up a bit. The green sections are actually alternating lines of slightly different shades of green, but Im not sure if thats gonna come out on your screens! Im actually really pleased with the away kit, once I decided on the colour scheme it came together quite nicely. The fonts are the Nike fonts from around 2000/2001 which Ive just outlined. I thought they suited the kits quite well.

Santos Home

santoshome.png

Santos Away

santosaway.png

If you tip your screen back you can see the green lines!

The home concept is perfect, very modern but traditional at the same time. But you used green in the away, two Santos historical rivals use green in their uniforms, like Palmeiras (their away kit is that kind of green) and the Portuguesa, could be a good one for a Goalkeeper kit, but not for the away. You can use some golden or blue for Santos.

Archived