Hall of Fame Game

02Rover

Didnt the Hall of Fame game used to be AFC v NFC?? I never remember them having an all NFC matchup or an all AFC matchup. Why the change for this year?? I know they usually like to have one of the teams repsented with the current HoF being inducted, and they got that with Willie Roaf and the Saints this year. But wasnt there an AFC team available?? There were (2) Steelers elected, a guy who was a Jet and a Patriot, etc....

Just curious if there was a reason why it is all NFC this year?

Wasn't it Bears and Rams that got canceled last year? The only casualty of the lockout, I believe.

EDIT: On a side note, since there is now a Hall of Fame Game thread, I find the Saints' Nike-ified collar distracting. Reminds me of Majestic BP jerseys when teams pick that part of the template to fill in. Not a fan of either.

Is it me or have the HOF jackets changed colors? ... because they look to me as a deeper beige now ... not the more yellowish shade as previous.

Not just this photo bottom-left, but also on Curtis Martin when being interviewed in the booth on TV.

Dunno wassup with that. :therock:

0ap1000000046109.jpg2009+Pro+Football+Hall+Fame+Enshirement+Ceremony+LiBQce0TSUPl.jpg

Wasn't it Bears and Rams that got canceled last year? The only casualty of the lockout, I believe.

Yup. For the best, really.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wasn't it an all AFC event when they did the AFL tribute in '09?

Bills vs Titans where the Titans punter pulled off that awesome fake punt which he rand in for a TD.

Good memory! A.J. Trapasso 40 yard run for a TD on that fake punt.

Game_Image_487.jpg

large_hall1.jpg

Archived