Dwight to LA!

cohenj21

I don't think they need a cap, they need the bad teams to get better management look at OKC and SA good small markets, or large market teams like NY and Philly that can't do anything.

Problem is, in a lot of markets, the good management's job would be to draft and develop stars and then gift them to large-market franchises for pennies on the dollar. That's why a hard cap and hard floor is necessary.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hard cap and floor isn't necessary. It's up to the owner as to how much money they put into the team. I believe if you're going to buy a professional sports team that you need to put in the money to field a competitive team. Why should the Lakers, Heat, etc. be punished because teams like the Bucks, Grizzlies, or Raptors don't have owners who want to field a good product?

Manchester-City-icon.png

OKC has loaded ownership though. Not a good example.

I remember reading recently that Aubrey McClendon, one of the co-owners, lost nearly all of his fortune not long after the team re-located to Oklahoma City. I believe, at least on paper, he was worth around $1.5 billion.

A hard cap and floor isn't necessary. It's up to the owner as to how much money they put into the team. I believe if you're going to buy a professional sports team that you need to put in the money to field a competitive team. Why should the Lakers, Heat, etc. be punished because teams like the Bucks, Grizzlies, or Raptors don't have owners who want to field a good product?

As a guy who has the Yankees, Lakers, Man City & PSG in his sig you would think this wouldn't you?

How much money the owner has shouldn't be the determining factor in who wins titles.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

It's nice and all to just say "owners need to spend more and that's that," but that's a pretty simplistic viewpoint that glosses over the economic realities of the league. Franchises like the Bucks, Grizzlies, and Raptors are already eliminated from championship contention before the opening tip of preseason because a) no star wants to go to those cities, b) they can't command a mega TV deal and therefore get punished the most by the luxury tax if they go over the cap, and c) the fanbases in a lot of those cities have long since given up on ever seeing a title contender, ergo attendance is erratic at best even for good small-market teams. Those are pretty big problems that can't be solved by telling the small-market owners to spend more.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Thinking about it, if you were to merge the rosters of the Lakers and Clippers, they would have a freaking amazing team.

C- Dwight Howard

PF- Blake Griffin

SF- Metta World Peace/Caron Butler

SG- Kobe Bryant

PG- Chris Paul

Bench:

Pau Gasol

Chauncey Billups

Steve Nash

Lamar Odom

Jamal Crawford

Grant Hill

Antawn Jamison

All of that in one town.

As a guy who has the Yankees, Lakers, Man City & PSG in his sig you would think this wouldn't you?

How much money the owner has shouldn't be the determining factor in who wins titles.

i think what he means is that who want to win and take it seriously instead of a moneymaking look at the buss family compared to Knicks ownership that's a big deference in successes.

lalakers_sig.png

i think what he means is that who want to win and take it seriously instead of a moneymaking look at the buss family compared to Knicks ownership that's a big deference in successes.

what is this i'm in phone

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

what is this i'm in phone

I'm almost confident that there is no apostrophe :P

On a related note, whenever hellslayer200 and masterchaosss make a comment, I feel like I need a cipher to understand it.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived