Dwight to LA!

cohenj21

Dwight Howard is headed to LA according to ESPN.com, pending NBA approval. Trade details below.

LA gets- Dwight Howard

Denver gets- Andre Iguodala

Philadelphia gets- Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson

Orlando gets- Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, protected 1st rounders from each other team

Discuss!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the hell is Moe Harkless? a utility infielder for the St. Louis Browns?

HA! Oh man, it really does sound like a 40's Major Leaguer name. Poor fellow.

Anyways, man did Orlando lose out on this one. I was sure if this went down, they'd get Bynum or Pau. Unbelievable.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Bynum in the East sounds pretty awesome, actually. The rest of America will get to watch him punch suckers in the face in Eastern Standard Time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anyways, man did Orlando lose out on this one. I was sure if this went down, they'd get Bynum or Pau. Unbelievable.

Talk about a short shelf life.

482x167_sixers.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow magic just wow, I think this is the first time an organization has tried to actually loose games good job I apauld you... What has the world come to

Talk about a short shelf life.

482x167_sixers.jpg

It's the 76ers nobody cares

I think the Sixers came out of nowhere to be in this trade and end up the biggest winners along with the Lakers. I can't believe the Magic let this happen without getting Bynum back.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the Sixers came out of nowhere to be in this trade and end up the biggest winners along with the Lakers. I can't believe the Magic let this happen without getting Bynum back.

What's odd is they have a lame duck GM who's only there until they can hire someone else to take his place.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is why I love being a lakers fan aside from being born and raised as one the management Is so smart they always find a way to win!

Dwight Howard is headed to LA according to ESPN.com, pending NBA approval. Trade details below.

LA gets- Dwight Howard

Denver gets- Andre Iguodala

Philadelphia gets- Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson

Orlando gets- Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, protected 1st rounders from each other team

Discuss!

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

It means the acquiring team can't use the pick if it's top 14, top 10, so forth.

If the pick ends up in the top 10 or whatever, do they get the next year's pick instead?

Maybe. The conditions vary. The Bulls got a pick from the Bobcats that goes through decreasing tiers of protection from 2011-2015 before ultimately becoming unprotected in 2016:

How is the pick "protected"?

RealGM is consistent with the rhetoric used to describe the conditions under which the Bulls would acquire ownership of Charlotte's first round pick, stating it's "top-12 protected in the 2013 Draft, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft."

This means the rights only transfer from Charlotte to Chicago before 2016 if: (a.) Charlotte lands lower than #12 in the 2013 Draft Lottery; (b.) Charlotte lands lower than #10 in the 2014 Lottery; or © Charlotte lands lower than #8 in the 2015 Lottery.

Can the Bulls turn down the pick to wait gamble on getting a higher pick in one of the following years?

No. Whichever of those options occur first places ownership of the pick in the Bulls' hands.

If the Bobcats were to barely make or miss the playoffs in 2013 and land a pick lower than #12, the Bulls can't wait on something like the 11th pick in 2014 or the 9th in 2015 or something higher in 2016.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived