Joshhockey's Nike NBA Redesign

joshhockey

I've been working on an NBA redesign using a Nike template for some time now along with my ABL series. My main goal of this series aside from making every team look good is to change each teams uniform design. I have completed 21 teams and I'm eager to start posting them. I will post the concepts alphabetically and approximately 2 or 3 a week. I have not created any new logos, only recoloured existing logos. C&C would be greatly appreciated.

Team 1 - Atlanta Hawks

Home:

AtlantaHome.png

Road:

AtlantaRoad.png

Alternate:

AtlantaAlt.png

g4104.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REALLY excited for this series, haven't seen too many NBA series on this forum lately. For the Hawks, everything looks pretty solid, I like the striping on the sides and the sublimated back logo. Only thing I would change would be to use white names on the backs of the road jersey and alt jersey to help them show up better. Will each team have a sublimated logo like that?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Nice work. I'm not usually a fan of large sublimated / watermark logos, but this kind of works behind the number. Liking the straighter side panels. I'm quite partial to the Hawks current strip, but these are probably a slight upgrade IMO.

Look forward to seeing more!

I like this a lot. The Hawks have great uniforms as is, and I like how you kept the same striping, but just made it straight. My only complaint is that the numbers aren't beveled like the scripts. In real life the Hawks use the bevels on the numbers, and it looks great. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

There will be a sublimated logo on the back of each set since that seems to be something Nike does a lot of. Anyways, here is an update of the Atlanta sets. The only change is that the numbers are now beveled. Boston will be up momentarily.

Home:

AtlantaHome-1.png

Road:

AtlantaRoad-1.png

Alternate:

AtlantaAlt-1.png

g4104.png

If the watermarks are a centerpiece of this Nike redesign, I am fine with it on this particular set, it looks cool even though it is untraditional. I agree to bring back the Boston script on the road. On the alternate, I like the idea, but I feel like the script is slightly off-center. Is that just me? I don't know, maybe it is, but just take a look. Otherwise, nice job here.

Cohenj.png

@cohenj21 You are right. It is slightly off centre but that is to compensate for the clover being there. Does it look funny? I can play around with it if it doesn't look right.

I think it does look a little off. Here's a couple ideas to incorporate the clover without the off-center script. You could try making the clover smaller so it does not need to be compensated for. Or, you could leave it off the front entirely and use it as the back watermark just for the alternate. Just a couple ideas for ya.

Cohenj.png

Nice to see someone using my template! This should be an interesting series.

Hawks: I like it. Your simplification of the stripes is nice, and the logo on the back works. Watch your NBA and Nike patches on the shorts though...they don't look good overlapping the striping. I would move them around by team to fit within the design of the shorts.

Celtics: Not a huge fan here. I prefer the double striping they currently have to the single striping you used. Also, the shorts are too plain. I would add striping along the bottom of them. Lastly, I would try to get a little more creative with the sublimated patterns. Just plopping the primary logo there takes away from the feature, which in college is specifically designed for the team. For the Celtics, think championship banners and trophies, things like that, and make a unique design.

The idea is nice, but the broad shoulders are throwing it off. Also, instead of using the team's logo, how about a repeated pattern pertaining to that team's brand? Clovers for the Celtics maybe, ruffled feathers for the Hawks. The logo that large is a bit too much on a jersey, I say.

Also, instead of using the team's logo, how about a repeated pattern pertaining to that team's brand? Clovers for the Celtics maybe, ruffled feathers for the Hawks. The logo that large is a bit too much on a jersey, I say.

Yeah kind of like Team USA's flag on their jersey. I don't know about feathers though.

I've got an update for Boston and will be posting Brooklyn momentarily. For Boston I went back the the double striping on the arms and made the shorts much more interesting. I also removed the clover from the alternate script and made it into a pattern to use on the back of the jerseys. The Boston script has made its return for the road uniforms. Let me know what you think.

Home:

CelticsHomeUpdate.png

Road:

CelticsRoadUpdate.png

Alternate:

CelticsAlternateUpdate.png

g4104.png

For Brooklyn I tried out something sort of out of the box with the side panels. I put pinstripes inside them as a nod to the Yankees since I know Jay-Z is a huge Yankees fan. The alternate is a fauxback sort of design that is really simple which seems fitting for Brooklyn's identity. Although the primary jerseys are a pretty modern design, I still believe that they are pretty simple which is what I was going for, a modern but simple set. Also, the sublimation on the back is a silhouette of the Brooklyn bridge. As always, C&C would be very much appreciated!

Team 3 - Brooklyn Nets

Home:

BrooklynHome-1.png

Road:

BrooklynRoad-1.png

Alternate:

BrooklynAlternate-1.png

g4104.png

I actually really like the pinstriped side panels and could see them using those. The Brooklyn Bridge silhouette looks phenomenal on the back of that jersey, really nice creative stroke there. And I agree that the set should be simple, like you have it. The one thing I don't like is the BKLYN script. I like the jersey design with the stripe in the middle, just the fact that it says BKLYN throws me off because they haven't really used it in their branding to my knowledge (I could be wrong here). Try putting Nets inside the stripe since it isn't on the home jersey. Celtics update looks great as well, looking forward to more!

Cohenj.png

Archived