Joshhockey's Nike NBA Redesign

joshhockey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the pinstriped side panels and could see them using those. The Brooklyn Bridge silhouette looks phenomenal on the back of that jersey, really nice creative stroke there. And I agree that the set should be simple, like you have it. The one thing I don't like is the BKLYN script. I like the jersey design with the stripe in the middle, just the fact that it says BKLYN throws me off because they haven't really used it in their branding to my knowledge (I could be wrong here). Try putting Nets inside the stripe since it isn't on the home jersey. Celtics update looks great as well, looking forward to more!

+1

The design is excellent...simple, modern, and classy all in one. My only critique would be to arch the top of the side panels the other way, to match the openings in the bridge, if that makes sense. Also, I'd like to see "Nets" on the alt.

Wish those Brooklyn sets were real. They're great! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Hornets!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Not a fan, I'm afraid. The hyperitalicized numbers don't look good with the straight wordmarks, the pinstriped side panels are too similar to your Nets concept, and the rest seems to be derivative of the late-'90s Cavs with navy instead of black. Also, the bizarre use of just "Cats" on the home uniform is easily the worst part of their new uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am with the others on the numbers, they are too slanted. Other than that though, I am a big fan of this concept. The racing pattern is a great idea, and the increased amount of orange added to the jerseys makes it look less like the Mavs. The side paneling isn't too similar to your Brooklyn design, I think that looks okay. I was never a fan of using Cats on the jersey, because no one calls them that. Maybe just use it on the alt with Bobcats on the home? See how that looks and play around with the numbers but really good jersey designa.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is what I think; the side panels are too similar to the Nets IMO. The numbers shouldn't be as slanted and should be moved over to the right a little bit. And I've never really liked the checkerboard stuff with the Bobcats. Yes it's North Carolina but its a basketball team not NASCAR. I'm not asking you to change the checkerboard (it's your concept), but I've just never associated Charlotte with the checkerboard. I like where you are going with The overall concept though.

mcbqza.jpg

This is what I think; the side panels are too similar to the Nets IMO. The numbers shouldn't be as slanted and should be moved over to the right a little bit. And I've never really liked the checkerboard stuff with the Bobcats. Yes it's North Carolina but its a basketball team not NASCAR. I'm not asking you to change the checkerboard (it's your concept), but I've just never associated Charlotte with the checkerboard. I like where you are going with The overall concept though.

Racing is a major part of what made North Carolina what it is today.

Just like Indiana (the Pacers).

Why NOT use the checker flag?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Racing is a major part of what made North Carolina what it is today.

Just like Indiana (the Pacers).

Why NOT use the checker flag?

Not to mention the NASCAR Hall of Fame is located in Charlotte...and that two of its biggest icons hail from there (you might've heard of them?one goes by Dale, the other, um...Dale), which probably no doubt figured in NASCAR's decision to put it there. I'm also going to guess the original Bobcats identity was designed around the theme of speed (speed, racing...makes sense.)

As for the concept itself...I'm with the others about the script and the mumbers. I may be one of the few on this Earth that loved the original Bobcats sets, so I welcome the return of the super-italics. Also, great way to bring the orange back out rather than relegating it to a teenyweeny bit of trim. Bring back the full "Bobcats" script, too.

One other thing, and this is just a technical note: the NBA doesn't allow manufacturer logos on its uniforms. Just figured I'd point that out. ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The link to the template is in mbannon92's sig. He replied to the thread further up this page.

I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback to everyone, I love hearing what everyone has to say and seeing all the varying opinions. I've updated Charlotte with two options. One with straight scripts and numbers and the other with italicized scripts and numbers. Personally, I like the italicized as it ties in with the racing theme as the numbers on most, if not all, race cars are italicized. I thought about going to checkered side panels for the full time home and roads but I don't feel like it would be too similar to Brooklyn within a league setting. I think that opinion is coming out because I posted them back to back and they both have pinstriped panels. Anyways, C&C would be awesome as always.

Home:

BobcatsHomeUpdate.png

Road:

BobcatsRoadUpdate.png

Alternate:

BobcatsAlternateUpdate.png

g4104.png

Where I can buy the Brooklyn Jersey? A big "LIKE" to this.

Sorry for being a bother, but I think I lost this template. Where I can find it?

Template v v v v v

As for the BOBcats, I agree with many of the others. Use non-italicized numbers, "Bobcats" on the home, and I would put the logo on both sides of the shorts. Other than that definitely an improvement over their new look.

Edit: Beat me to it! I like the non-italicized versions (although maybe italics would work on the alt with the checkerboard side panels). And yeah, I would still put the logo on the shorts.

Archived