Stags Concept

Greg_Fryman

With what trich11 said, the blank space looked good at first sight, but with more analysis it really kinda looks silly. A bolder outline of the stag itself would be just as good as their faux-shield you have goin' on in the background. The stag itself looks pretty good though. I'd also really just drop the drop-shadow on the STAGS text. It just doesn't flow with what you got goin' on and would make everything look better if the text was flat. The glare looks good though. I'd also add more space between the stag itself and all the text below it. The logo needs to be pumped with a bit more volume, and the way you tried just isn't cuttin' it. But it's a really good start I hope you consider the advice.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I'm liking this so far Greg. My suggestion would be to make the italics more legible, because right now Montana looks a little hard to read. My other suggestion is to keep the stag cream, but make the outline around the shield brown. Looking good though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Took the advice and made some changes. Made the stage larger and the shield smaller, Gave the shield some movement, Increased the strokes a bit... Thanks for the input...

stags-4.png

not a bad start at all but some details are being overlooked here.

1. shield - the whole logo is vertically flat (short). it feels crushed. you'll really see it if you draw a square or circle around it and see how much space is on the top/bottom related to the sides. you can best counter this by making the shield symmetrical. let the bottom of the shape show too

2. key stroke - if this is going on white, theres no reason for the stroke to be a cream color. you would be better off making all the cream negative space. it dosent mix well with the background. its also thin and weak. you can bump the stroke number up a few and make this much bolder/stronger.

3. antlers - the points are short. its like a young buck. which is fine if thats what you're going for but i feel like it needs to be a mature, strong buck with large masculine, badass antlers. its okay to be a 6 pointer, its just those antlers need more attention.

4. type - i really dont think thats a good font. it has so many weird angles. but if you want to keep it then check the kerning (space between letters). make sure its consistent. "montana" is a mess. the increased angle dosent help any. i think a totally different font is called for there. make it one color. i think that would help a lot and tie into the deer's style better too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

While it's a good update, I think it brings up even more issues, while not properly fixing the current ones as well as it should. At the moment, there are lines going every which direction, and I find it hard to focus on the logo as a whole. The line weights are still very inconsistent, and the horns still seem off compared to their real life comparison.

sheila_stag_070.jpg

The word mark is easier to read now, but the logo and the shield feel like separate things, almost like you just hunted a stag, then mounted it's head over the fireplace.

If you apply the stag in your patch with the wordmark like it is onto the primary shield it would look good I believe.

I would make the wordmark go all the way to the bottom with just a little of the shield showing & maybe less antler above the shield.

Also I would thicken the stroke on the outside just a bit.

I don't really like the uniforms. The yoke on the shoulders is too much, and the striping is too simple. I think the road could be cream, and the alternate be Maroon. Now I'll address the logo. You should probably connect the whole neck to the top of the wordmark in the logo, then make the shield asymmetrical like the inaugural season logo(which I really like BTW).

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived