MLS Redesign

hotbanana

That's my firts redesign project and also first concepts. I tried to make something special for all the teams. I usually inspired from their logos. I'm sorry for using same template but I just started to desinging, I will improve myself.

I'm gonna post all the concepts that I've made.

4474incid9022097.png

Toronto F.C :

toronto1.png

toronto2.png

7995incib9612594.png

Galatasaray

Phoenix Suns

Green Bay Packers

Looking forward to this series because Toronto was a great start. I really like the Maple Leaf around the logo for the home, but I think you should have it on the road too for uniformity. Also, I actually really like the T on the road! Lastly, I would get rid of the red Toronto script on the back of the jerseys. Just makes them look cluttered. Good work!

That's my firts redesign project and also first concepts. I tried to make something special for all the teams. I usually inspired from their logos. I'm sorry for using same template but I just started to desinging, I will improve myself.

I'm gonna post all the concepts that I've made.

4474incid9022097.png

Toronto F.C :

toronto1.png

toronto2.png

"Redesing"?

Why does Toronto say "Toronto" above AND below the numbers?

Why is the name below the numbers arched up rather than down?

The "Toronto" above is just a place holder for the name of the player. The "Toronto" below is a design choice the OP is apparently doing with all the teams: having the team name appear below the numbers.

I agree with others that these are really nice designs so far, but the team name below the numbers is an odd choice.

Personally, I think that for the back of the shirts include either the logo/motto below the collar OR the name under the numbers. Not Both.

Preferably the logo/motto below the collar. Surely this is enough identification?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I feel the team name on the back of the shirt when used as it is Germany, the team name above the number with the players name below.

bayern-munich-adidas-2011-12-bayern-munich-home-shirt-gomez-33-.jpg

Putting it below works for the Timbers, but Toronto and Philly look off as they are arched.

Other than that I would really love to see Toronto's away kit with grey shorts.

In German it different among all the clubs. Some have their team name above the numbers like Bayern Munich, some have the team name below like Borussia Dortmund, as I attached below from their club shop.

BVB-Dortmund-Custom-12ES99-1.jpg

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

I really like these New England kits. It's brilliant stuff. The white shirt is interesting, yet a really good idea. I never commented on adding the team names at below the numbers. Honestly I love this idea, mainly cause I'm German, and it's what the Bundesliga does. It'd try to stick with the team name, not nickname however. Keep up the good work. I'll be following, mainly cause I'm a huge MLS follower, and am the ECS Midwest Supporters Group President for the Seattle Sounders.

• 1 month later...

I like your Columbus concepts. However, I totally understand what you're going for with the team names under the numbers, but it just looks awkward when it's arched like that. I'd suggest not using wordmarks but rather maybe just the MLS font.

As for Montreal. Great all around. I did a similiar look about a year ago in my concept series.

Archived