New York Islanders

CSSdesigns

Hey there. I saw this great design by Brady over on HJC (Keep it up, Has2916) for the Islanders. I love the way he made the stripe and brought back the lighthouse logo. It made me start thinking about how the Isles would look if I ran the team.

Well here's the full look for the team now:bee0ee89.png

C and C? Does the new lighthouse work? Are the blues too close in colour? Should I make this a series?

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not sure what the second shade of blue is supposed to add.

I don't like the shoulder patch. Montauk is like 100 miles from Uniondale, anyway. I can't think of many teams that use logos of buildings 100 miles away. You're better off making a logo of an expressway overpass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice jokes, fellas. The blue's obviously are too close in colour, but the Blue Jay's use royal and navy and it works. Why doesn't it work here?

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

Nice jokes, fellas. The blue's obviously are too close in colour, but the Blue Jay's use royal and navy and it works. Why doesn't it work here?

You just answered your own question. I think the design looks promising but the blues definitely need some more contrast. Also your primary logos are waaay too big.

You've answered your own question - "The blues obviously are too close in colour".

Either increase the contrast between them, or separate them with white or orange so that they don't blend together.

You've answered your own question - "The blues obviously are too close in colour".

Either increase the contrast between them, or separate them with white or orange so that they don't blend together.

May swap up the orange on the White. Don't know about the navy though.

Archived