When Adding Black Actually Works

illwauk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Devils make too much sense to me for them to have ever worn green. I don't get it.

The green could be seen as a nod to New Jersey's Italian population.It could also reference the state's forests, which are said to be the home of the team's namesake, the Jersey Devil.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil#Popular_cultureIt's also why the "fire and brimstone" thing associated with the addition to black doesn't really work for me. They aren't named after the Devil from Judeo-Christian mythology,
does their logo know that?

Texas-Western.jpg

Best post of the thread.

I believe that would go to the Admiral's post from over a year ago a few pages back.

Yeah, isn't that the most liked post all-time? I found it as the first post on "Most Liked Content".

Well played though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wisconsin adding black elements to the road football set was a strong move. The black face masks, stripes and shoes complemented the black drop-shadow on the Motion W.

b99123591z.1_20131019235719_000_gji31q7h

Although this was the most extensive use of black on a football jersey, Wisconsin has been using black for decades, even prior to the Motion W:

I don't agree. I like the first red helmet before they added black MUCH better.

melvin-gordon-top.jpg?w=600&h=407

Of course, you'll seldom run into a fan that even realizes they wore two different red helmet designs this year.

I never got all the hate for the black facemask, UW (A team whom I love), has been in need of something unique looking rather then Red and white that seems semi-prevelent in the B1G (NU,UW,IU)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Archived