Columbus Blue Jackets logo concept

hockey week

The Blue Jackets have bee a pet project of mine for a long time now, and I'm still trying to create a solid image for them that focuses on their Civil War namesake. Today, a re-imagining of the cannon, with the stars and red circle inspired by the Ohio state flag. The C is the ribbon from their current third jersey logo, because it needs something to encase the otherwise detailed logo, and anything but white stars on blue doesn't make sense.

Navy/steel blue/gray are the official colors, with red used only tertiarily.

columbuscannonlogoinC.png

Thoughts? C&C?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Alright, any thoughts on what to fill it with? putting the full team name doesn't work out too well, Blue Jackets gets bumped way off to one side. Or should the design be more on the edges of the C-ribbon? I'm all ears guys, any ideas on where to go with that C&C?

Alright, any thoughts on what to fill it with? putting the full team name doesn't work out too well, Blue Jackets gets bumped way off to one side. Or should the design be more on the edges of the C-ribbon? I'm all ears guys, any ideas on where to go with that C&C?

A few suggestions:

- I would make the round ribbon appear a little bit more 3D-ish, so that it doesn't appear so flat in comparison with the highly-detailed cannon.

- I think adding "Columbus Blue Jackets" may work if you angle it the right way. But if it doesn't, you can add stars or maybe an outline around the ribbon, or something else...

Also, I just noticed that the red circle (that looks like a fired cannonball) within the cannon shooter and the stars surrounding it represent the Ohio State flag emblem. That's pretty good, and that should be kept!

I started with stars, but I just couldn't handle adding more stars to that logo. With the Ohio-flag field, it was too much. So, I thought about the blue jackets namesake, the Union Army uniforms, and thought, hey, why not add stitching? I think it's subtle enough to work, but I NEED C&C to find out. What does everybody think? I really want this to be worked through to conclusion

columbuscannonlogoinC3.png

The outline around the ribbon "C" is a huge improvement though I'm not feeling the stitching. The outline on the blue part of the ribbon could stand to be thicker as well. This concept is almost there, keep up the good work!

I think there is too much going on in the logo. The Ohio map throws off the flow, and the cannon is more of an illustration than a logo. This logo would not work well shrunk down for merchandise purposes.

rATMcmK.png

Archived