Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)

Discrim

About a week ago I was looking at a few old concepts and decided to revisit one of em, from when I'd done a Quebec junior hockey mini-series a few years back. I'd done the Rimouski Oceanic, Drummondville Voltigeurs, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, Quebec Remparts, and these guys, the Victoriaville Tigres.

victigres2.png

Les Tigres were the only ones I'd intended to revisit, as I'd wanted to tweak the bruised bananas a bit. And yes, for those who weren't around back in 09, the thirds here were inspired by Arsenal's infamous away shirt of the same moniker. The home/away striping uses the same V-obsessed pattern, then uses shrunken versions to create a take on Northwestern striping. I chose gold as the dark jersey simply for the hell of it.

Of the other teams I'd mentioned doing a few years back, I might revisint Drummondville, cus Voltigeurs is a cool name, first of all, and secondly, I'd essentially managed a home/away design that was more contemporary than I thought it was, only to pair it with a third that "looked like every other hockey jersey ever." If I do, it'll mainly be to see to it that that doesn't happen again. :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like the "V" pattern on the home and away jerseys. Very unique. but I would hope to never see that alternate. no offense, but oh my god is that gaudy. I'm assuming the only way that jersey ever gets made is sublimation, which in that case, maybe make the black "V's" very very transparent, that way your original idea is still there, but a lot more subtle

Knowing the reaction my stuff usually gets, opinion would be split at best if I tried to make the V's more subtle. True, every now and then I'm able to make something out there yet understated, but for every one of those, I can point out 15 concepts I've done that tried to be both and failed miserably at one, if not both. The third is a loud sweater, it'd still be loud even with more transparent V's.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived