KC Royals Concept

xnylived

Here's my take on an adjustment to the current uniforms for the Kansas City Royals. I wanted to try to add something stunning to the design while keeping it traditional as well. I also wanted to bring back the gold in the logo/unis because it's lacking without it. With this concept I haven't made pants or backs yet, and I dunno if I will. You all know what uniform backs look like and pants as well. Without further ado.

royalsconcept.jpg

Love, love, love the idea of Kansas City incorporating some gold into their uniforms. I was thinking of posting a version of the Kansas City uniform with the yellow. I like the idea of the crowns on the edge of the sleeves. Reminds me of a hockey 3rd jersey. The home jersey looks nice with the hint of yellow. Don't really like the yellow on the away jersey. I think the black would look great with some yellow highlights. Great Job! Maybe I'll jump in and post my first concept as a KC jersey.

I like what you've done with the sleeves...one thing I might try doing (kc51 might have suggested this but I didn't know what he ment) was taking a single point on the crown and extending it higher up the sholder. Know what I'm saying? And then have a second point on either side smaller...then a third smaller yet. Just a thought...those white ones are hot though!

I really like the idea, and it looks terriffic. But, i'd file myself under the file of not too much digging the sleeve-crown. I think the whole rest fo the concept is very well done, and exceptionally nice looking.

I dunno if it was there before or not, i'm not up on my Royal uniform history, but it looks good here. Nicely done.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think this is a very interesting solution you've got here, and I concur with the idea of using gold on the Royals' uniforms. The danger would be becoming too similar to the Milwaukee Brewers. I actually would not mind seeing them (the Royals) return to the old school sky blue and maybe incorporate some yellow or vegas gold (in my head that seems decent, but translated into a visual medium, it might look horrendous, too). The only thing I dislike about it is the black uniform, which really isn't your fault, because they sport such an atrocity now. Black is a very heavy color and not indicative of "baseball" in any sense to me. KC is one of those teams that I could see making a stylistic redesign similar to the Padres or the Giants. Nothing major, just bringing it into the modern era.

At any rate, this is a nice concept and one I'd continue to play with a bit. Maybe try some other ideas as well. The light blue I mentioned, maybe different shades of gold... who knows.

Archived