Winter Classic concept

Snow Monster

Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild in the Winter Classic

Alright so, the Winter Classic has been held in eastern cities every year so far. Fans are starting to want a little more recognition of western teams. After the Wings and Leafs play in Michigan, the NHL decides to move the Winter Classic to a more westernly city.

Denver wins the decision by a fair margin and the Minnesota Wild are selected to participate as well.

So here are the uniforms for the game.

winterclassics_zps15647755.png

The Colorado Avalanche Jerseys are based on the original uniforms of the Quebec Nordiques before they joined the NHL. A nod to the roots of the franchise.

I based the Minnesota Wild jerseys on the current green one, and I used some inspiration from the previous Minnesota team, the North Stars. Hence the extra yellow.

I tried to incorporate the heritage from both teams without going over the top or taking away what the teams are right now.

I also designed the Winter Classic logo for this game. I designed it before the 2013 game was cancelled, hence the 2014 on the top.

IMG_0380_zps041a7d1e.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I'm digging the logo you made!

Thanks man, glad you like it!

I think it is a great logo, but it looks a little too much like a Coors Light can.

Awww man, your right. There are some similarities. I hadn't thought of that, although, if the Winter Classic is played in Coors Field, maybe it would be sort of fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived