Food Network logo

goforbroke

Remove the gradient and the metallic ring and I think it would be better. It's a lateral movement otherwise.

I think the gradient is only for certain uses like animated graphics and website. Usually logos like that have a flat version as well for bugs and print.

But, i think maching up the circles of the two lowercase O's and the lowercase D makes it flow better than with the old serifed font. That alone makes it an upgrade. Looks at the two side by side makes that lowercase D in the old one look really bad

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

it's one of those oddities where you would swear the new logo is actually the old one, they've brought back some mid 2000 web 2.0 tricks with the gradients and chrome. but you can see they're going with that retro diner type of feel. i havent seen any of the on-air stuff yet so i'll withhold all judgement until i see that. the new font is way better though, really like that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm just pleased to see more logos venturing away from the flat lifelessness that has been trending.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived