Brazilian Yakball Championship - OlavoP's Yakball Concepts

OlavoP

I asked raysox, Yakball creator if I could create this topic and he said yes. First of all, if you don't know Yakball visit his thread (http://boards.sports...kball-concepts/).

The main Idea here is to create some concepts for the 2013 yakball season (starting with the MLY wich we have the final table in his thread) and creating new kits also developing an background story for the sport like raysox did for the yakball world cup. I will ask his opinion on a lot of things but he only need to answer if he wants to.

This first post will be an future index so I'll start to post my work on the other one.

I wanna start with the Philadelphia Battalion:

After an awfull 14# finish last season the Batallion will have money to invest in renovating the team, with the NCAA Yakball reveilling great tallents and with a new sponsor the team hope to have a better 2013.

Panasonic, the new sponsor invited the team to play some friendlies on Japan as the pre-season, for this ocasion the Battalion lauched the new training kits and an crest addapted to japanese letters, it was also unveilled the field of the Tokyo Dome with the Philly boys training there.

213oehk.jpg

j8z9zs.png

It was also revealled that the team will wear an new alternate kit this season, and I need you guys to help me with this one: Wich version should I stick with? I prefer the second one but I really like all details (nike swoosh, name and number) in black, and this wouldn't fit here. I also don't want lime green details on this one. Last thing, I'll do an full 2 grey tones badge for the final version, I'm just waiting something.

2dhz0uu.png

The final version of this set will be revealed in the friendly game between Battalion and Avant Lyonnais, the Renault cup, promoting the new Orange MediLeague to start next year or mid 2013.

1. "Tokyodome" on the field is barely visible. Change it to neon green.

2. Make the swoosh and the cannon green n the training kit

3. I really like the first alternate better except the swoosh on the shorts should be black too. However, the names and numbers might need to be turned black for TV purposes.

1. Tokyodome was ment to appear as an watermark type of thing since this field is used for training, I'll do a Renault Cup version were it will appear well (the field will not be black or any color from the team).

2. I will try again and post here, but I had already tried and the kit had too much information, it was kinda weird, maybe the front number should be a watermark as well, what do you think?

3. I do prefer the second but I don't like the back detail continuation, I just didn't knew how to end it and I used the mesh format. So, do you think I should repeat the front detail on the back, or just change the back to other thing or I just end with the first one (will reduce the lines opacity so I have it like some costure rather then a detail if I keep v1).

Also thanks for the comment

So I done this some days ago (problably a week) but i was without internet and I couldn't post it or work on more, I'm just working on archive raysox created templates and create my own, using NCAA teams for exibition, so here is FAU Owls, when I finish the away I'll post the team roster. That's the template from Lyon of the Orange MediLeague

2z65a94.png

So I present you guys the first ever Yakball League on the south american continent: Campeonato Brasileiro de Yakball (Brazilian Yakball Championship). Let's explain this tournment on the Yakball world: The BYC was the first Yakball tournment in Brazil, it started a few months after MLY was created with amateur teams from the Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Minas Gerais teams and was finally recognized as a tear one Yakball league by the end of 2012 and now have stabilished teams and cities as seen on the map below. After the "Yakball Explosion Period" (2011-2015) when most major yakball leagues where created it will be relegated to a second tier tourment and the one still to be created by raysox turned into Brazil's major yakball league.

dwrn9j.png

The tourment have 16 teams separated in 2 leagues with two conferences each (total of four). Each team play one time against each other but twice against conferences teams, making 18 games. The first team of each conference advance to playoffs and the seconds and thirds play each other on an wild card round and then match the opposite conference of the league leader (for example, Rio won their conference, Sao Paulo won the wild card and then faces Porto Alegre, Lakes conference leader on the league semifinal). The four winner advance to South and North Leagues finals and the clash between each league champions is the People Bowl.

I'll do every team, some may not have logos because in minnor sports (brazilian minded) in brazil a lot of teams use the sponsor name and the city after it and the "franchise" is the brand. Like, imagine Coca-Cola has a team, the team name is Coca Cola Campinas, and not Campinas Something. If this happens I'll use small local brands for small cities and big for big cities.

I'm developing the first team uniform: Franca. I was between this color scheme for either Franca or Brasilia because thats both cities basketball teams colors, minus the sand. I sticked with Franca because Brasilia's city colors (white/yellow/green) can have much more potential then anything from Franca. I started some uniform template thinking on that detail on the side and then decide to add an white trim, when I changed it to sand I liked it much more. Then I tried an polo neck with sand trim but it wasn't good and I ended with this detail that I can easily lik with brazilian brand olympikus (instead of nike or adidas I could see olympikus taking over most teams on this league, just as in brazilian volleyball) just adding their logo in that middle space. I just did the front and now I need an identity for this team, I don't know if I should create an team with a name (I don't think Franca would have that provilege in real life) or stick with a sponsor as the name (in this case it would be VIVO Franca Yakball Clube). I really like picking colors, dong the kit and then deciding the identity and the sponsors. What do you guys think of the kit, remembering it's just the front of the shirt.

fvl11e.png

I believe this is a poor alignment. Cities as Franca and São José do Rio Preto are not real sports centers. Raysox only choose them because they have Basketball arenas, and teams in the National Basketball League. You're missing good ones, as Goiânia, João Pessoa, Cuiabá, Natal. The 2014 WC stadiums would be perfect to accommodate these teams. This alignment is polarized in southeast. It's really a miss.

What do you mean you started it and there is no Teresopolis in the league

Started. I created identities for some teams. Teresopolis isn't also in my alignment, I made it just for fun

I believe this is a poor alignment. Cities as Franca and São José do Rio Preto are not real sports centers. Raysox only choose them because they have Basketball arenas, and teams in the National Basketball League. You're missing good ones, as Goiânia, João Pessoa, Cuiabá, Natal. The 2014 WC stadiums would be perfect to accommodate these teams. This alignment is polarized in southeast. It's really a miss.

I know what you mean but I didn't even based this on raysox list, I simply got cities that have basketball/volleyball teams + Manaus and Porto Alegre because those are the cities that would have this amateur Yakball teams, remember that this start is an REALLY amateur league with no television broadcasting or any other support by the media. If I'm keeeping that story up for another year with developed teams with identities I would be glad if you could help me with it and with the cities. Just to finish, I'm really thinking on making Sao Paulo team be Corinthians, Rio team be Flamengo and Porto Alegre team be Inter since those are the soccer clubs that in my mind invest the most on minor sports. Also I only see this league as something like the "Torneio Touchdown", the REALLY amateur brazilian yakball league.

Concluding: I will use this teams and just create uniforms and pick colors, then I do a good league and you can help me (lets discuss this by Personal Messages).

So I'm trying to develop some identity for this club, even tough I don't think the way it is now it's bad at all. I developed an basic olympikus template for the shirt, that we will problably see in all clubs olympikus sponsor on this league. I also adopted vivo as the team main sponsor/name. I think I'll stick with it but I also tought on the name Franca Mineradores (Franca Miners) based on the history of the Goias path, wen Franca was part of the miners route from Sao Paulo to Goiania, and the Yakball club would have their fanbase on half Goiania city (shared with Brasilia), the Ribeirao Preto metropolitan area and as well fight with brasilia for the south Goias state and with the three Sao Paulo state teams for north Sao Paulo state having an fanbase that support two teams since the city plays on a diferent league of other state teams.

zl7ngw.png

I've been working on an identity for Franca but I was never good at creating badges. Today was my first back at classes so I started thinking on something and I decided to use the Mineradores (Miners) idea, I was simply going to do an pickaxe that formed an "F". When searching the web for an pickaxe image for reference I found an miner vector image that I based this logo on. I tried a face version but it sucked and I kinda liked this way cause it don't steryotype the miners. Any criticism or suggestions are GREATLY apreciated. Also any font suggestion would simply be great (only free font please).

v5yc8y.png

So the first team is done! Franca Mineradores, from the North São Paulo state and competing on the National Conference against the cities of Brasilia, Uberlândia and Belo Horizonte. The name Mineradores (Miners in english) has nothing to do with the city tradition or population, but with the team fanbase. Franca city was an stop place on the "Caminho dos Goiases" (Goiases way/road) circa 1720, this was a road from São Paulo to Goiânia city, a road that miners took to the huge mines in Goiânia state. Well, Franca fanbase basically cover this area, since they are close to Goiás state they compete with Brasilia for the most supporters on this state, also they are the only São Paulo state team in the North League, having by this some simpaty of all three São Paulo clubs fans. So I present the Franca Mineradores, different from everyone, I also show a fantasy roster:

f056s.jpg

appnb.png

5k3v28.png

Archived