Minnesota Wild

B-mer

Here is one of my ideas for a matching Wild home and road set that, from what i've observed, combines most of the popular opinions. 1 - they match, 2 - the logo is used with no circle or wordmark, 3 - green. I personally have no problem with the red and really like their current home, but it should be green as the primary with red as an accent color and maybe for an alternate jersey.

The concept utilizes their current alternate design, but added the red in to balance the colors with the logo. The white is the same design, and the striping colorization is from their current white as well.

wild3-1_zpsd3614da2.png

I do have an idea for an alternate jersey that is a little different than anything i've seen, but i need to work on it in a different program other than paint!

I realize it's not your fault, but the "Minnesota" script is so loved up here, in Minny. We love it like we love the North Stars logo. In my mind, scrapping that logo would be a waste of a work of art. Just a little North Star State input. Other than that, it's nice, and simple.

Well, that's good to know. I always like to see the fanbase's opinions.

That's one thing you can say about the Wild - they may have a bunch of different looks but they're all good! I think they're the team that I can come up with tons of concepts for. I'll post an alternative using that logo maybe with some tweaks. I just figured the overall opinion was wordmarks are bad so I stayed away from using it here, though my alternate I have in the works uses something close. I think you North Star Staters will like it!

the red doesn't really contrast the green enough. On the green jersey, I think it would be perfect if the stripes went wheat-red-wheat, not red-green-wheat as you currently have. Separating the two colors will really make them pop.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

hockey week's suggestion:wild32_zps2a85119c.pngAt first i didn't want to do that. I had seen it done before and didn't like it, but now looking at it i think it does look better! Thanks!How would you feel about having the script logo on the home and then the main logo on the road? That way both are still being used but the jerseys themselves are still cohesive.wild33_zps976ba1bb.pngHow's that for you steff?

Doing it that way with the stripes is more common, but I think it's more common because it works. Perfect update.

As for the differing logos, It looks great. But, the logic of it kills me. It says "Minnesota Wild" at home, where they know exactly who it is, but on the road, where fewer people do, it's a logo. It's doing the baseball jersey thing, but backwards. Is it wrong? No. Does it really cause problems? No. Does the logic of it bother me? Yep.

I'd save the script logo for an alternate, use it as a full primary (this board typically hates differing logos anyway) and relegate the old logo to the shoulders, or drop it entirely.

I'm not a big fan of the mismatching logos, but at the same time, it's not as big of a deal as it was before. Because now, at least you don't have a super retro logo/jersey with retro striping & laces at home, and a super modern jersey with modern logo/striping on the road. At least now, there's some sort of identity to the whole package.

Still it could be a tough choice, though. You have 2 great logos (Bear head, Script), but which one to use for the crest?

I thought the same thing as i was doing it, hockey week. Kind of the same reason you'd want to have your team colors (dark jerseys) on the road. REPRESENT! And while mismatching logos doesn't necessarily bother me, tradition dictates they match. But since i did that, i think the script logo works really well with the striping change i made. You have the wheat colored logo with red inside. You have wheat stripes with red inside. And then you move to the away and it's the same thing - the logo fits the jersey.

First off your wordmark jersey is a big improvement over the current 3rd...getting some red in there. I feel that another addition to that jersey could be the logo on the shoulders.

I like your first update best. And it's great overall. Maybe better than the inaugural set. I like the uniformity, the more basic number font.

As for the Minnesota script, I don't think I'd have stated the love for it as strongly as Steff did. I feel like most of the memorabilia I see out there has the head logo, though in fairness, it's been around a lot longer than the script. The jersey has sold well, but every time the Wild introduce a jersey it sells well. Ultimately, I think the script would run its course as a primary uniform. Additionally, I'd suggest that if anything is as loved as the North Stars logo, it's the animal head.

As was discussed in another thread, uniforms should be designed to have staying power. I think yours has that, but I am not convinced the wordmark does.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't like three stripes on the sleeves and four on the body.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't like how the script goes so far above the stripes. I'd add another stripe above the ones on the body. That way, it looks even better with 3 on the sleeves and 5 on the body.

There's something jarring with the logo, too. Maybe change the background on that to fully match the jersey or make it green for added contrast

Really, I think the entire thing would look fantastic in just green...and why not? Let the Wild truly embrace green. How many blue or black teams have a third the same color as their homes?

i did make a green version and red version to try and decide. Since the original was a maroon i went with the red. I was going for the awkward look that some vintage jerseys have - hence the uneven stripes and location of the chest stripe/logo. Granted, the logo looks like poo since i used paint. I'll clean it up tomorrow from my home computer with photoshop, as long as the blizzard doesn't knock out my power!

The example you used for that, though, has the logo ending just barely above the stripes. Not waaaay over it. How far that t goes, and with the a almost entirely above the stripe...it just looks bad. Jarring, is the word I'd use. That needs minimized, either with the logo being rotated clockwise some, moved down, or with another stripe added. I think the fifth stripe is the answer here.

Whatever you choose, it really needs addressed. I can't help but stare at that.

have you also thought of green with red stripes? Because the contrast isn't great, it'll be more muted, but it's not so bad as, say, the Ravens or Northwestern where the stripes disappear either. Might create a really unique, vintage look, because nobody would try to make that work today. I can't see a red with green stripes version working though...idk why. Using wheat numbers and logos would really pop on that, too.

Archived