NHL 2012-13 Uniform redesign series

habsfan1

I have a bunch of concepts to post and instead of creating one topic for every little concept, I've decided to post them all in one place. I plan of making and posting more of them in the future, but I do not intend on doing the whole league because I'm going to leave out the obvious ones who don't need a change. Now without further ado, here are the first two...

Minnesota Wild:

I don't like the inconsistency that they have for the last 7 years, so I fixed that. If they won't use a wheat road jersey, they should at least wear a white one that's a bit more consistent, which is what I made for them. I also brought back green as the primary home jersey with the full logo for the crest, and the numbers match the letters in the shoulder patch. More consistency :P. I also made their current alt red and gave it a makeover to freshen it up a bit. It also has red helmets...

Wild-4.png

WildAlt.png

Ottawa Senators:

I used this Sens logo from my Logo Mash-Up Series and gave it matching throwback uniforms from that era. The jerseys are not exactly the same, but they're pretty close...

Sens-2.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winnipeg Jets:

Another logo from my mash-up series is used for the primary crest...

Jets-4.png

Florida Panthers:

I gave their now retired alternate panther head logo a body and brought it back to be used as the primary crest. I brought back as well the FLA Sun logo for the shoulders. The jerseys I made are a mix of the the former 3rd jersey and the original Panthers jerseys...

Panthers.png

If I were a Jets fan--I would buy one of those Jets concepts--they say Jest, and tie into what I think of when I think Winnipeg Jets--with a nod to the future.

And the alt is a nice tie in and look back.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

yep, love those sens. nice update on the panthers as well.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Winnipeg Jets 2.0

The powder blue home jersey was the alternate from the set above, but I think it's nice enough that it deserves a set of it's own. Obviously, a modernized RCAF Flyers jersey set...

Jets6.png

Anaheim Ducks

Took elements from Ducks history past and present and this is what I made of it.

Ducks-1.png

These two concepts feel to me like they may be some of my best concepts ever, lol.

All wins so far, I definitely prefer the 2nd Jets set you did. Excellent stuff, can't disagree w/ any of it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Dallas Stars

I was unsure about how much black I would use in this concept, and then I decided to just not use it at all of the jerseys. It is limited to only the logo, the numbers, and shorts/helmets/socks. The crest is the same one with the drop shadow that I posted earlier in another concept topic found here. The uniforms are now in kelly green instead of the darker green and the jerseys are based on the original 90s unis. I also brought back the "Dallas" script on the shorts.

Stars-1.png

Nashville Predators

Just an alternate jersey. No changes to the home and road. I brought back the 3D Predhead from their old mustard 3rd jersey, but gave it a makeover so that it matches the style of the current crest. A claw slash is included because I wanted to add something that they never used before...

Predators.png

The Slash looks really hokey where it's at. If you're going to use a slash, make it a shoulder patch or something and integrate the NP or something.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

liking the slash. its cool. can you try something like that for the panthers?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I updated the Preds jersey with a nicer looking slash motif. Now onto the next team...

Tampa Bay Lightning

Not many changes to this one. I did bring back the victory stripes in blue and white and I also brought back the color black. I decided to keep the jerseys free of black because I like the monochrome look alot more than their old jerseys. The blue always disapeered underneath the black or vice versa on their old jerseys and that's why I did not bring that scheme back. The black is used for just the shorts/helmets/gloves/numbers only...

Lightning-2.png

As always, more C & C will be appreciated.

Archived