Renderings of renovated Kyle Field (Texas A&M)

rcb05

Yeah I think everything's working out I. A&ms favor. The timing just perfect: great coach, great system, great qb, first yr success in the nations beat conference. Texas having a few down yrs.

Perfect storm of success.

A&M will never catch Texas no matter how hard the Aggies squeeze out their prayers. A&M has always played second fiddle and always will.

Actually I think they're starting to get almost even.

A&M has more exposure now and are currently the better team in the better conference. Add that with a young exciting head coach and some great recruiting classes and it's nowhere near where it was two years ago in comparison to Texas. And there's basically no rivalry now. Of course it's still there but I have friends from both schools that basically support the other now. Before last yr it wasn't like that at all.

A&ms starting to land the big recruits and are ping to compete with the top dogs in the country regularly.

And college station is really nice. All my friends that go there love it. Even my ut friends like to visit and say they it has the nicest people.

I can further appreciate that they put Dana X. Bible on the stadium. It sort of loosely ties the whole TAMU-Nebraska-Longhorn thing together.

After Bible left A&M, he went on to win six Big 6 Championships with Nebraska and another three Southwest Conference Championships with Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_X._Bible

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If I was a Texas high school FB recruit I'd pick A&M over UT in a heartbeat.

Renovated Kyle Field > DKR Stadium

SEC > Big 12

Sumlin >>> Brown

Though I must say, Austin > College Station.

The trump card, education:

Don't worry, Rick Perry's taking care of that too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived