Renderings of renovated Kyle Field (Texas A&M)

rcb05

The official design hasn't been finalized yet, but these renderings were leaked today. The $450 million renovation will supposedly include:

- Lowering field leven and moving it south to improve sightlines/add capacity

- Tear down/rebuild all of west (press box) side of the stadium

- Build south endzone complex

- Demolish/rebuild lower level of east (student) side. Leave 2nd/3rd level stands, but renovate bathroom/concession/concourse areas

- Leave North Zone structure intact, but update cosmetics

- Entirely new facade/concourse/ramp system to connect all four sides of the stadium

11111_zps6885d0cb.png

1111_zps15704900.png

To put this in context, here's the stadium currently from approximately the same angle:

texas-am-university-kyle-field-automatically-imported-florida-at-texas-am-tam-kylef-auto-00011smd.jpg

What? No Rick Perry statue in full yell leader attire? Aggie you're slippin'

( :P )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not an Aggie fan, but I can totally get behind anything that says F*** Texas. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yeah I think everything's working out I. A&ms favor. The timing just perfect: great coach, great system, great qb, first yr success in the nations beat conference. Texas having a few down yrs.

Perfect storm of success.

A&M will never catch Texas no matter how hard the Aggies squeeze out their prayers. A&M has always played second fiddle and always will.

p4Ut2be.png

If I was a Texas high school FB recruit I'd pick A&M over UT in a heartbeat.

Renovated Kyle Field > DKR Stadium

SEC > Big 12

Sumlin >>> Brown

Though I must say, Austin > College Station.

The trump card, education:

Texas > vet & marching school

Again...if I'm a big time football recruit A&M Football > UT Education. Football is the trump card here, not education.

If I was a Texas high school FB recruit I'd pick A&M over UT in a heartbeat.

Renovated Kyle Field > DKR Stadium

SEC > Big 12

Sumlin >>> Brown

Though I must say, Austin > College Station.

The trump card, education:

Texas > vet & marching school

Again...if I'm a big time football recruit A&M Football > UT Education. Football is the trump card here, not education.

Anyone who acts like there's a significant gap in a Texas education and an A&M education is either misinformed, or just delusional. Texas is the higher-ranked school, but the difference is marginal, at best.

It's funny, I grew up in a family where anything Texas was evil, and I definitely adopted that philosophy. I hate anything Texas, especially Longhorns, but I have a unexplainable lifetime love for A&M.

The renderings look beautiful, and make it one of the premiere venues (college anyway) in the nation.

Archived