Two things i noticed

Nate15

First off, did the Royals switch to the vest jerseys this year? Or did I just not notice them last year? Whatever it is, they don't look too bad, although a lack of black would be much nicer.

Second, the Blue Jays new hats don't seem to work with their jersey.  I like the two-tone blue, and there seems to be a lack of the lighter blue in their hat.  I think they should use the lighter blue more and the red less.  It's a more unique look.

We pretty much new about the Royals' move to vests when the 2003 MLB Style Guide came out.  It noted that the Royals were undergoing a "modification to the construction of the home jersey".

I can't stand what the royals have done, their uniforms look horrible with black ( but then again so does every team that goes to black except maybe Texas). They looked perfectly fine with royal and white and they don't need another color. If anything, though, I would have done silver or a darker blue. As for thre Jays, I noticed that they completely dropped the blue jay/maple leaf logo and made the BP logo woth the jay tossing the ball the full time logo. This doesn't look too bad, but like someone else said, I don't like how they got rid of the lighter blue. At least maybe they won't have so much variation in their unis now, like the way they had like 3 different home jerseys. And here's hoping they drop the road vest too. What do you think CC, being Mr. Blue Jay?

As for thre Jays, I noticed that they completely dropped the blue jay/maple leaf logo and made the BP logo woth the jay tossing the ball the full time logo. This doesn't look too bad, but like someone else said, I don't like how they got rid of the lighter blue. At least maybe they won't have so much variation in their unis now, like the way they had like 3 different home jerseys. And here's hoping they drop the road vest too. What do you think CC, being Mr. Blue Jay?

Personally I hate the move to this logo, but like I said, don't get used to it, it'll be gone by November.

The Jays are wearing, as they have since 2000...

- regular home jersey

- regular road jersey (grey faux vest, blue sleeves)

- saturday home jersey (white faux vest, blue sleeves)

- sunday jersey (blue with red letters)

The only changes this season is changing the 97-02 logo to the old BP logo on everything, the Saturday Home jersey used to have the BP logo on the front of the jersey, but that will be moved to the sleeve, with numbers replacing it (basically a sleeveless version of their home).

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Won't comment on that thing the Jays have.  Sans serif typeface with a Serif T in their logo?  Doesn't make sense.  

Also, the A's have put the elephant on top of a baseball patch on all game jerseys.  The green alt had the 1993 elephant with sunglasses and a sunburst.  If the black one returns, it will also be with the green elephant.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived