Redesigned ASU Sparky mascot

AJM

I don't know how to properly explain this, but the shape of his mouth/cheeks/dimples makes him look like he's saying "Hurr-durrp," like a stupid inbred yokel laugh.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That upper lip stretching as far up and in as it does is horrific.

I hate the black head. Black was fine as an alt color in ASU's full scheme, but to make Sparky himself anything other than Maroon and Gold is a travesty.

Parts of it are too angular.

The muscular, jumpsuited cartoon version is just flat awful as well. Even creepier than original Sparky is.

It's a damn good thing the original Sparky logo isn't being touched as it's a classic for the university and college sports at large. This new mascot costume needs to change ASAP though. THAT is not Sparky. And as much as I dislike the cartoon Sparky, at least it'll be limited to things I probably won't even end up seeing anyway.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are the options as listed in the vote (different order from the above pic, just to avoid confusion):

44452_10151339861591557_1181291028_n.jpg

I went with option B. It's the closest one to the old Sparky. Either way, they're all different (even if slightly) from the last Sparky.

I'm voting, but I honestly can't tell a difference between A and C (aside from the brows).

It's the eyes, goatee and the open smile. The eyes/goatee in C are from the complete cartooned redesign.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

These are the options as listed in the vote (different order from the above pic, just to avoid confusion):

I went with option B. It's the closest one to the old Sparky. Either way, they're all different (even if slightly) from the last Sparky.

I'm voting, but I honestly can't tell a difference between A and C (aside from the brows).

It's the eyes, goatee and the open smile. The eyes/goatee in C are from the complete cartooned redesign.

Thanks! When put with the official vote pic, my comment doesn't make sense. I guess what I meant is that I can't see a difference between B and D.

Thanks! When put with the official vote pic, my comment doesn't make sense. I guess what I meant is that I can't see a difference between B and D.

B & D are identical. I've stared at them for 15 minutes.

Unless B is like wearing a kilt that was cropped off.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

B & D are identical. I've stared at them for 15 minutes.

Unless B is like wearing a kilt that was cropped off.

The eyes on D are more "boxy".

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived