Vancouver Canucks

Brendan

The home and away are inspired by the old WHA Canucks and the alternate is based on the Vancouver Millionaires. The Canucks have never had a good identity and I think this is because they have such an ambiguous name. That's why I think the script works. Let me know what you think. Concept made in paint.

Canucks.png

Not a fan of wordings as jerseys (ex: Dallas) and it's the reason that Dallas is ditching the look next year and the Islanders alternate is one of the most hated amongst the league. Nonetheless, these are pretty sharp, I like the outlines on the lettering but it bothers me that the first "C" and the "S" in Canucks looks too crooked. The alternate almost looks like the new Millionaire jerseys that are going to be worn this Saturday. Instead of maroon it's just green. Overall, it's something different so keep trying.

Comment below...

I really like this except for the Dallas script. New font, pants, jersey design, and third look great. With the third though, I would make the striping and logo consistent. For example, the stripes are white with a blue outline, maybe try that with the millionaires logo and the numbers; or the other way around with blue stripes with a white outline

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Replace the numbers on the front with even tinier Orca logos and now you're making a statement!

I'm not sure why people like the Orca stuff. I'm not a fan, probably because the Orcas came about around the same time as Mark Messier and Mike Keenan came to the team. As a fan of the Canucks since before their inception into the NHL (see WHL) I think that particular period is the lowest point in the team's history. However, I would like to see the "Johnny Canuck" logo incorporated in some way.

The Canucks have never had a good identity

Not to sound overly critical but I really don't see anything wrong with the Canucks current identity and don't see how your concept improves it in any way, shape or form. I suppose we could all live without the extraneous "Vancouver" wordmark but the current striping, logos and colours are all rock solid. If I was in charge, I would make the current alternate the primary with a matching white. I am however a big fan of the millionaires inspired alternate. That could compliment the aforementioned set quite nicely.

Not to sound overly critical but I really don't see anything wrong with the Canucks current identity and don't see how your concept improves it in any way, shape or form. I suppose we could all live without the extraneous "Vancouver" wordmark but the current striping, logos and colours are all rock solid. If I was in charge, I would make the current alternate the primary with a matching white. I am however a big fan of the millionaires inspired alternate. That could compliment the aforementioned set quite nicely.

The current jerseys are a mess. There's so much going on and none of it fits. The logo and lettering don't match the vintage jersey template. The Canucks have been trying since they're incarnation to find a logo that epitomizes Canucks, the problem is Canuck is really too vague for them to illustrate. That's why I think the old Millionares logo works along with the script. Many colleges use this style and it looks great. Unless you have a great logo I don't see a problem with this look.

The current jerseys are a mess. There's so much going on and none of it fits. The logo and lettering don't match the vintage jersey template. The Canucks have been trying since they're incarnation to find a logo that epitomizes Canucks, the problem is Canuck is really too vague for them to illustrate. That's why I think the old Millionares logo works along with the script. Many colleges use this style and it looks great. Unless you have a great logo I don't see a problem with this look.

The jerseys aren't perfect but considering they are from Reeboks-hockey-aesthetic-holocaust of 2007, they hold up pretty well. I don't think a generic, collegiate script is the answer... If the current Sabres crest can be considered a respectable logo, the updated stick n' rink should be considered a masterpiece...

Archived