This is my first post - excited to get some internet criticism. Plan on completely redesigning or simply tweaking each NFL team, based on my own personal preference and C&C. Starting with the NFC East with the Washington Redskins, far and away the most drastic change I plan on making. It's ridiculous that we still carelessly throw around a racial slur when we talk about football in Washington, so the 'Skins are getting re-branded. Hold onto your skirts, ladies, because here are your Washington Federals:

gPaTkPm.jpg

Stay tuned for the rest of the NFC East and (eventually) the entire NFL.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Design wise, its pretty good. Id like it more if it was an expansion team. But even if the Redskins had to change their name, I think they should keep their color scheme because it is unique. And the Federal guy kinda looks a little like the the old Patriots guy.

I agree on both points. I'm a huge fan of their colors, but I decided that a red, white, and blue team named "Washington Federals" made sense. Had to keep the old colors around somehow, so that's the reason for the throwback. I'm definitely a fan of Pat Patriot's design style, as well, so he was a big source of inspiration when tinkering with the logo.

Guest darkpiranha

Liking what I see so far, but the Federal guy looks like he has breasts. Maybe just flatten out the chest a bit or extend the bulge to the shoulder.

Going to go ahead and post another NFC East team. Fair warning: I was raised on a diet of fried Dallas Cowboy football, so I took great pain in changing their uniforms. I know that a lot of people get annoyed at all of the small inconsistencies in their uniform, but when put all together, I really like their look. Maybe I'm brainwashed. Tried my best to look at them objectively. Ended up removing navy altogether, so now there is only one shade of blue (royal). Kept the mismatched silvers - again, I like the way they look when put together. All in all not a huge departure, but here are your (hopefully breastless) Dallas Cowboys:

9QC79GW.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

For the Federals alternate, what if you made the logo on the helmet a gold coin? It almost looks like a coin now. You could put the "est 1927" as the date on the coin.

I really like the idea of the coin on the alternate helmet; I'll change that, as well.

I agree that my Federals concept is similar to New England, but I plan on making significant changes to the Patriots' uniforms - their current set is one of my least favorite in the league. Not going to change the Pat's identity too much, but I think their current identity is so far removed from the Pat Patriot days that my Feds wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Appreciate the comments and critiques!

maybe for the feds you could bring back the arrow that adorned their helmets in the late 60's. I just really think that the redskins identity is too classic to get rid of. The federals is a good name for the city, but I feel that the redskins are very individual in the NFL in terms of their colors and their logo, that getting another red, white, and blue team in sports with a logo very pat patriot-esque would kind of destroy the identity of a great team. Just my opinion.

I really like Dallas', although the blue may have gotten a bit bright for my taste, it still looks really good.

spacer.png

I agree that a radical change from the 'Skins current identity would be a big loss of history for the NFL, but I also truly believe that it's something that needs to happen. Their history, no matter how rich, does not negate the fact that a bunch of businessmen get filthy rich (they're the 5th most valuable sports franchise in the world at $1.56 billion) using a racial slur for and iconography of a race of people that, as a country, we basically exterminated. Imagine if Germany had an insanely popular professional soccer team called "the Kikes" and their kits were covered in the Star of David.

Again, it's just my opinion (and therefore worth very little).

I thought the all-royal Cowboys looked very bright, too. Kinda grew on me.

Next team is the Philadelphia Iggles. I've always preferred kelly green. Gave them a custom numeral with a tiny bit of wing/talon flourish. Softened up the colors - black is gone. Ends up looking like a throwback, but I mainly just prefer the old colors to the new.

UKtMAE4.jpg

As always, comments and criticisms are welcomed.

Going to go ahead and round out the NFC East. For the Giants, I went back to the old 'GIANTS' logo and moved the script 'ny' to the secondary logo, which seems more natural to me. I'm not a fan of their blue lids over blue jersey, so I went blue over red (an alternate they've worn in the past). Switched back to the white facemask from gray. Kept the gray pants but added the option of white alternates.

yCceVi6.jpg

The Federals rebrand is pretty cool. I'm not a fan of numbers on helmets though. I would like to see that logo on both sides of the helmet. The Redskins-colored tribute set is awesome.

F the Cowboys! lol - The set looks good, but I always thought the Double-Star set they wore in the 90s should have become their primaries forever and always.

I love the return of kelly green for the Eagles concept, but I like their current number font.

The Giants set is great, but I like the "NY" helmet better than the "GIANTS" helmet. I was glad when they ditched it.

This is good stuff. I'm excited about this set of concepts. Great work!

mainescarf.png

Archived