Federals is branded way too closely with New England. Unless you are going to change the identity of the Patriots as well, no me gusta.

My first thought. This Redskins concept would make a fine Patriots "fauxback" but for the 'Skins...nope.

Dallas - nice to see the colors match each other but that blue is BRIIIIIIIIIIGHT..

LOVE the Eagles. They need Kelly Green back!

Giants never looked good in red jerseys but yours is an improvement over the real thing because it has all team colors on the jerseys unlike their current set. They have no red on the blue jerseys and for some idiotic reason, no blue (their main color) on the white/red jerseys.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rogerstaubachdannywhite.jpg

Going to go ahead and post another NFC East team. Fair warning: I was raised on a diet of fried Dallas Cowboy football, so I took great pain in changing their uniforms. I know that a lot of people get annoyed at all of the small inconsistencies in their uniform, but when put all together, I really like their look. Maybe I'm brainwashed. Tried my best to look at them objectively. Ended up removing navy altogether, so now there is only one shade of blue (royal). Kept the mismatched silvers - again, I like the way they look when put together. All in all not a huge departure, but here are your (hopefully breastless) Dallas Cowboys:

9QC79GW.jpg

I think your blue is close...

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I used pictures of Staubach as a reference. Thought it came out very blue, as well, but I think it's because I'm used to seeing this when they go dark:

darren-woodson-cowboys-res2.jpg

Getting rid of the navy necessitates a much brighter road jersey because it's not, well, navy. It's royal. I think the royal I went with might be brighter than it should be, but I was basing on the numeral color on their whites, which is really bright:

photo3.JPG

(Favorite player ever, that's why)

Next up, Arizona Cardinals:

3uJdcZQ.jpg

First one that has an "out there" alternate. Played around with the colors/designs in the Arizona state flag. Added gold trim (to match the cardinal's beak) throughout the uniform. Used the font I made for the Eagles because I plan on changes the Eagles back to their current numeral font.

Some really good ideas in this series, the 'Boys look great in royal blue. The Cardinals look great with yellow pants, would love to see them incorporate more yellow into their set. Nice job so far!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

And here are the recommended changes to the Feds. Tried to make Fed Fred look less breastly and made the alternate helmet logo a coin.

GoQ3zen.jpg

Plan on attacking the NFC West next.

In the NFL a logo needs to be on both sides of the helmet unless you are Cleveland or Pittsburgh...anyone else is unacceptable.

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

In the NFL a logo needs to be on both sides of the helmet unless you are Cleveland or Pittsburgh...anyone else is unacceptable.

Well that's just silly. It's either a 'rule' or it's not. If any other team wants to do it, then they can. And in Concept World, it's doubly acceptable, especially for a league that's sort of re-imagining the branding history of the NFL.

Guest darkpiranha

This logo is politically incorrect. To make it politically correct, it should be a Republican. (If it were a QB giving hand-offs/hand-outs, it would need to be a Democrat).

This logo is politically incorrect. To make it politically correct, it should be a Republican. (If it were a QB giving hand-offs/hand-outs, it would need to be a Democrat).

If it were a Republican, the mascot would be holding a (totally necessary for self-defense and hunting) AK-47 and mowing down the 47% of the population Mitt Romney doesn't need to worry about.

Cohenj.png

Guest darkpiranha

If it were a Republican, the mascot would be holding a (totally necessary for self-defense and hunting) AK-47 and mowing down the 47% of the population Mitt Romney doesn't need to worry about.

Thank you. I was strapped for time and couldn't come up with a suitable Republican joke. This is perfect.

Thank you. I was strapped for time and couldn't come up with a suitable Republican joke. This is perfect.

Any time, my good sir. ;)

Cohenj.png

I actually like this one quite a bit. I have always been an advocate of a return to royal for the Rams and you pull it off nicely. I like that STL logo in the corner also, a nice overall simplification of their set.

Cohenj.png

This is my first post - excited to get some internet criticism. Plan on completely redesigning or simply tweaking each NFL team, based on my own personal preference and C&C. Starting with the NFC East with the Washington Redskins, far and away the most drastic change I plan on making. It's ridiculous that we still carelessly throw around a racial slur when we talk about football in Washington, so the 'Skins are getting re-branded. Hold onto your skirts, ladies, because here are your Washington Federals:

gPaTkPm.jpg

Stay tuned for the rest of the NFC East and (eventually) the entire NFL.

The logo for the Feds is a good start, but the shading and perspective seems off. Aside from the obvious ties to the Patriots, that others have already mentioned, if you want to continue with this logo, I would consider reshaping the chest and left arm. It almost looks as is his body is somehow contorted backwards.

Personally I would try a different approach all together using non-human, non-eagle, patriotic elements.

I agree with the over-simplification critique. I set out with the idea of intentionally over-simplifying the Rams because I think royal blue and athletic gold is the best color combination for a uniform and I wanted there to be a lot of area where the two colors meet (i.e. no outlined numerals, drop shadows, or extraneous elements). Definitely more boring than I want it to be - already started tweaking it.

I really like the Rams update. I think going back to the old colors is a great idea. I wonder if you could add nostrils to the Ram logo which might add a little ferocity to it.

I'm looking forward to see what you do with my Niners.

mainescarf.png

Archived