University of Connecticut Husky Concept Updated 5/6/13

Coyote

Hello everyone! As an alumnus of the University of Connecticut, I was not too happy when the school decided to change their iconic "Jonathan" Husky logo. But, seeing the end results of Davidson's new and fierce logo, I ended up liking the overall look. It inspired me to create a husky logo myself.

The concept isn't necessary mind-blowing, but I believe that outside of a few odd looking details, its a pretty decent take on a sleek, yet simple husky.

omegahusky8f2.jpg

I hope you guys like it. If you can give me any tips and advice, that would be greatly appreciated!

Not looking at the details, because that is a very good execution, but from a concept standpoint, I don't quite understand the howling pose... It's a husky dog, right, not a wolf. And call me "twisted", but the look on that canine looks like he receiving some nice favour...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven't had a chance to edit the logo due to personal reasons but l will definitely take everyone's input into account.

I did have trouble in the areas everyone pointed out, especially the snout area. But once I get back to my computer I'll edit it toward perfection.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the wait guys! I just came back from my week trip. I took each of your criticisms to heart and tried to tweak the snout, the howl, and eye, and the ear. In my opinion while looking back at the previous attempt, the new version looks a bit better. I think the eye is a bit too big, but I like some more feedback before I tweak it more. Thanks in advance!

omegahusky8f4.jpg

Archived