New England Patriots alt

jigokusabre

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I hate the Pat Patriot jersey, and I don't understand the team's obsession with jerseys that they won nothing in*. But, NFL teams need alternates, and with that in mind, I created the following concept:

PatsAlt_zps16480fd4.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

*Yes, I'm aware the Pats won the AFC Championship in 1985.

I'm tired of everyone having an alt jersey. However, I think the Patriots should lose the dark blue home unis and use a red version sans piping instead.

mainescarf.png

I'm tired of everyone having an alt jersey. However, I think the Patriots should lose the dark blue home unis and use a red version sans piping instead.

I'm pretty sure every team is required to have an alternate jersey.

FALSE! Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, Packers (sometimes), Dolphins, Jets, 49ers, Rams, Colts, Browns, and Saints don't have alternate jerseys. That's almost a third of the league if you don't count throwbacks.

spacer.png

FALSE! Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, Packers (sometimes), Dolphins, Jets, 49ers, Rams, Colts, Browns, and Saints don't have alternate jerseys. That's almost a third of the league if you don't count throwbacks.

Then lets look at throwbacks which substitutes the alts, it's the Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Dolphins (actually have an orange alt just not this year), jets, rams, colts (not used often), and saints, and the browns had a orange uniform, so really the only one that doesn't is the 9er's and i think with their new success i could see them adding an alt in the future

The Billsand Ramsdo have active alternates. The Browns, Saints and Dolphins have recently used alternates (and there's no reason not to keep using them). The other have used throwbacks outside of 2009.

But... you're right, there are teams that don't have alternates. The Patriots are not one of them... and if they ARE going to use an altnerate, then I would prefer one based on the current jerseys, rather than just a 1980s throwback. As or the blue jerseys: The Patriots have been using blue since 1993, and have been very successful in that time (especially since the current look started in 2000). I have no desire to see the Patriots go red as their primary look.

I would suggest adding either a single star on the hip of the pants or making it a patern and adding six stars down the leg (one for every state in New England)

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

You have two pair of silver pants. That's not good. The whole point of their paneling / pants striping was to be able to wear any pants with any jersey. No problem if you want to take those options away, but if it comes at the expense of having a multiple pairs of the same colored pants, then it's not working.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the home and roads, make the side panel/pants stripe red. That will make the pants look better, and make it match the alt better. Then make either the red jerseys numbers white, or make the blue jerseys numbers silver. The inconsistency isn't good there. One last thing, make the away socks red. No more leotards please.

You have two pair of silver pants. That's not good. The whole point of their paneling / pants striping was to be able to wear any pants with any jersey. No problem if you want to take those options away, but if it comes at the expense of having a multiple pairs of the same colored pants, then it's not working.

I think that the combination of side panels and an alternate jersey makes that kind of inevitable (I.e., Broncos). There isn't really a way to make it look good with only one pair of pants.

spacer.png

There are seperate silver pants because there are seperate side panels on the blue/red jerseys.

On the home and roads, make the side panel/pants stripe red. That will make the pants look better, and make it match the alt better. Then make either the red jerseys numbers white, or make the blue jerseys numbers silver. The inconsistency isn't good there. One last thing, make the away socks red. No more leotards please.

Blue is and should be the dominant color in the Patriots' jersey. I think that the side panels should match the shoulder stripes, so that's why the blue jerseys have silver side-panels.

There are seperate silver pants because there are seperate side panels on the blue/red jerseys.

Blue is and should be the dominant color in the Patriots' jersey. I think that the side panels should match the shoulder stripes, so that's why the blue jerseys have silver side-panels.

Then make the shoulder stripes red, too. My point was for there not to be a silver stripe on silver pants, and a blue stripe on blue pants.

spacer.png

Archived