Old Main

This thread is an interesting example of the dichotomy between the Texas and A&M alumni bases. Both are seeing the academic standards of their institutions being slowly degraded by the political hacks appointed by Governor Perry. The difference is Texas is actually seeing pushback against that academic erosion by the alumni while A&M is having a :censored: ing civil war over whether or not there's a bevel in the goddamn logo. Priorities yo!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is an interesting example of the dichotomy between the Texas and A&M alumni bases. Both are seeing the academic standards of their institutions being slowly degraded by the political hacks appointed by Governor Perry. The difference is Texas is actually seeing pushback against that academic erosion by the alumni while A&M is having a :censored: ing civil war over whether or not there's a bevel in the goddamn logo. Priorities yo!

Priorities on SPORTSLOGOS.NET?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Captain Tsubasa,

You made some good points. I included a brief executive summary in my cover letter and in my email. It would have been redundant to repeat the summary in my letter.

Smith03,

Bevel Huggers and Bevel Slayers ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Texas_A%26M_University_terms

Everything and everyone at Texas A&M has a nickname. It probably has a lot to do with our history as a small, all-male military institute. TexAgs takes the lexicon to a new level.

Examples of Texas A&M Vocabulary:

- Fish = Freshman

- Pisshead = Sophomore

- Serge Butt = Junior

- Zip = Senior

- t-sip = Texas Longhorn

- 2 Percenters = Aggies not following A&M traditions

Examples of TexAgs Vocabulary:

- stocking = stalking

- moran = moron

- tceh = Texas Tech

- 2/10/sharp knees/WNB = Any hottie pic because every guy on TexAgs is dating or married to a super model

- skinny ankles/subway/hair = if you see someone well known in Bryan-College Station you must report on how their ankles looked, whether or not they were eating Subway, and how their hair looked

- Germans bombed the moon = this is old news

I could go either way on Texas A&M's beveled logo.

But if you're making an argument based on the purity of a college sports logo, you should know that the "split M" logo you use in your example is no longer an official logo of the University of Michigan, and hasn't been for several years. Now the only official "M" logo is the solid-colored one, without the bar in the center that says "MICHIGAN":

75075012012.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

i'm not even a longhorns fan, but growing up in texas, it's hard to not hate aggies.

you either are one, or you hate them.

also, baseless broad statement: everyone with an aTm logo on their vehicle in any form is a terrible drive, who has never heard of a turn signal.

Archived