World Baseball Classic: The Expansion

RoughRiders99

Hey guys,

I was just tooling around in photoshop, playing around with the template provided by Jay Jackson (who did an amazing job) and thought this: What would a WBC team from Sweden, where my heritage is from, look like?

So I made Sweden. Then I made another country. Then another. Another. Another, and so on forth. So what I'm trying to do here is just to make "national" teams that doesn't have a WBC team at all, or even isn't a baseball country at all, and see what they might've looked like.

The way that I designed these in mind was that each team would only have two jerseys. At first, I called them "home" and "away" then I changed them into "primary" and "clash," much like what they do in soccer (right?).

So the jerseys on the left is the primary, while the right one is the "clash" kit. The jerseys could be worn with either white or gray pants, but of course, white jerseys must be paired with white pants, even if they are the "road" team. The home team would get the first choice in which jersey they want to wear, then the visiting team will have to wear something that at least "contrasts" with it. Meaning no blue vs blue games and such. Doesn't matter if home/away team wear white/gray pants. Something like high school, I think. Sometimes two teams would wear white pants in the game. I'm sure you're seeing where I'm trying to go with this.

Sweden

nQpqV6x.jpg

Switzerland

X7Gtjnn.jpg

Pakistan

OktqeZT.jpg

Norway.

I'm not sure about this team. something just dosen't feel right, I don't know.

BjXcVP2.jpg

Bahamas

iO1vxEf.jpg

Antarctica. Yeah, I know it isn't a country, but really, I made this one just for the lulz. The cap logo is hard to see in this image, but basically, it is an orange "A" with a small arrow underneath it, pointing downwards to represent the south pole.

cfSuPSZ.jpg

Really, I'm not trying to impress anybody here. It's just a little something that I've been playing around in photoshop over the last few days. I'll probably crank out a couple more countries in the next few days, but I'd be happy to listen to any feedbacks about the teams.

Thanks

Great job with most of your concepts but I have to stop you right there with your Greece concept. Don't use greek alphabet letters like a cheap American greek restaurant. The letter you used for your E is a Sigma and stands for S. Then you use a Lambda for your A which is actually an L.

Either use Hellas in Latin alphabet or EΛΛAΔA.

Other than that, you've done a great job. Looking forward to see more concepts!

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Great job with most of your concepts but I have to stop you right there with your Greece concept. Don't use greek alphabet letters like a cheap American greek restaurant. The letter you used for your E is a Sigma and stands for S. Then you use a Lambda for your A which is actually an L.

Either use Hellas in Latin alphabet or EΛΛAΔA.

Other than that, you've done a great job. Looking forward to see more concepts!

Or maybe I could just write HELLAS in plain English? That's what they did for the Greece track team... 6d47ead8bbd7198421bad58834cb81d6.jpg?ito

• 3 weeks later...

Archived